Server 5 opening Discussion

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

Mytre
Data [Conditional]

Re: Server 5 opening Discussion

Unread post by Mytre »

Waiting is tedious unless you got distraction, nothing new on the camaras and the most near time to the marked is the one of LA..wait

p.s: i need help to fix a problem with my windows live id..or i wont get the chance to enter a key ..also my other reply was deleted.

i wonder if those codes that are randomly changing maybe be the 100 keys for the episode 5 unlocking???
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

They are 25-digit keys, as has been stated in this very thread.

Mytre: Unlikely, and changing too fast for anyone to catch the sequence to decipher it.
Bradxd
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Bradxd »

We don't know what events, or even if there will be "events" in each city. For all we know it could be a major distraction from another factor we should be setting our eyes on... It hasn't really to anything yet
Kashaku
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Kashaku »

Mytre wrote:Waiting is tedious unless you got distraction, nothing new on the camaras and the most near time to the marked is the one of LA..wait

p.s: i need help to fix a problem with my windows live id..or i wont get the chance to enter a key ..also my other reply was deleted.

i wonder if those codes that are randomly changing maybe be the 100 keys for the episode 5 unlocking???
Nice idea, but nope it's just xml script that spits out random string text

EDIT: Let me just add something to clear up some speculation

The code controlling the keys, the file that either contains them, generates them, and ultimately is probably used to varify them, will be server side, not client side, and as such we wouldn't be able to find it out in the open in source code. Finding it would involve being directly connected to the server and opening/executing the file locally...which would involve a great deal of hacking and bypassing security protocols and firewalls.

And as much as Microsoft is notorious for being easily hacked...The hacker would need to know where to hack into, or what to look for, and that just complicates things further....No I'm not a hacker, nor do I promote such activity...just trying to clear up some speculation
Last edited by Kashaku on Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mytre
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Mytre »

ProfessorHojo05 wrote:
Mytre wrote:Waiting is tedious unless you got distraction, nothing new on the camaras and the most near time to the marked is the one of LA..wait

I would call that wishfull thinking, but hey, you never know right?
well i mean..everytime something new happens.. something old had something related..so we may think of any possibilities....any one has found any odd thing besides the marriot hotel ad being repair on time square?
and can someone help me.. why it says taht i not have a birthday associated with my windows live id..?
Frogwart wrote:They are 25-digit keys, as has been stated in this very thread.

Mytre: Unlikely, and changing too fast for anyone to catch the sequence to decipher it.
well i mean..what happens if suddenly.. it doesnt do like the others servers unlock..what happens if you need to decipher it, and the page changes to show 1 key ..and first 100 to find it..well..they make it..is just a supposition..so if you want ..ignore it
Last edited by Mytre on Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
RevMeaty
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by RevMeaty »

Mytre wrote:
ProfessorHojo05 wrote:

I would call that wishfull thinking, but hey, you never know right?
well i mean..everytime something new happens.. something old had something related..so we may think of any possibilities....any one has found any odd thing besides the marriot hotel ad being repair on time square?
and can someone help me.. why it says taht i not have a birthday associated with my windows live id..?
It said that for me too, so I just went and changed my profile. Filled in most of the missing spaces and whatnot. It works now.
Power to IRIS
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Power to IRIS »

Nearly 1 1/2 hours left. Has anyone found anything hinting where this will be on a webcam? If so, can you link the webpage.
undyingdh777
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by undyingdh777 »

Power to IRIS wrote:Nearly 1 1/2 hours left. Has anyone found anything hinting where this will be on a webcam? If so, can you link the webpage.
I'm not entirely sure, but i have my second monitor keeping an eye on the panasonic astrovision cam in Times Square. if you want to pick one go here http://www.earthcam.com/network/index.php
Power to IRIS
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Power to IRIS »

Ok, judging by the first webcam in Times Square, Times, is definetely where the TAL event will take place. Notice the forklift.

Do not make wild assumptions without any proof. It's New York. The odds of a fork lift being there are astronomically high. Also, that's not a fork lift. It's a cherry picker.

~The Se7enth Prophet
LackOfKnowledge
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by LackOfKnowledge »

undyingdh777 wrote:
Power to IRIS wrote:Nearly 1 1/2 hours left. Has anyone found anything hinting where this will be on a webcam? If so, can you link the webpage.
I'm not entirely sure, but i have my second monitor keeping an eye on the panasonic astrovision cam in Times Square. if you want to pick one go here http://www.earthcam.com/network/index.php
we don't know who, what, where, or how, or if at all, but we DO know when and why :ugeek: