Halo 3 ARG Screensavers, wallpapers, and avatar discussion

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Halo 3 ARG Screensavers, wallpapers, and avatar discussion

Unread post by thebruce »

beelzebub wrote:The wav file is in stereo and has two channels, left and right. Both of these are completely separate tracks, as is normal for stereo sound, and can encode completely different images. If, in fact, you look at the spectrogram for the left channel and the right channel, you'll see that they are slightly offset, suggesting a stereogram.
Oh, you're talking about the 719hz.wave file... I was under the impression you meant the big noise image that was posted earlier by SkylineJeeTeeAre, since that's what I was initially replying to when you answered. Yeah, there's another thread for the wav discussion as mentioned above. You first replied to me, where I was referring to the noise image, not the 719hz sound file - that's why you were confusing me :P

anyway......
Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Admiral Whitcomb »

Admiral Whitcomb wrote:is there anyway to get those ringtones in the us? i mean, where to you go to get them on your phone?
tygron
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by tygron »

I printed the static out.... i'll stare at it to see if it's better. Oh and I think it's got a glyph in it but it's suppose to be in over the image of the glyph... not shure... i'll outline it in pain when I get back on my laptop. (this comp has the printer.)
Xastabus
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Xastabus »

Admiral Whitcomb wrote:
Admiral Whitcomb wrote:is there anyway to get those ringtones in the us? i mean, where to you go to get them on your phone?
If your phone has a WAP browser that allows you to save files to your phone, type in the address http://halo.msn.com/downloads

I have a Sanyo Katana, I've tried using the browser but it doesn't work because the phone deletes spaces. I tried replaceing spaces with %20, but that doesn't work on the MP3s. Apparently the Katana doesn't accept that type of file. I can play the midi versions, but my stupid phone won't let me save them. F&$*#(@ Sprint...

If you're lucky enough to have a phone that hasn't been lobotomized by your network, you could download the files to PC and then transfer them to your phone.

I also have a Blackberry through work, it works much better, but the ringtones are way softer than anything else on the phone and I already have the volume maxed...
:evil: -fumes-
:roll: So much for that... guess I can hold on to the files until I get a better phone. Good luck with yours.
tygron
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by tygron »

Ok this is what I see in the static by looking at it (this is a crop of a print screen of the one on page 4.... couldn't edit the others verry well.

EDIT:NOTE: NOT EXACT GLYPH... I DID THAT FREEHAND.
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

Xastabus wrote:It sounds like you guys are talking about 719hz.wav
That discussion is in another thread and someone has taken the left and right images, colored them red and blue, overlapped, and used 3d glasses.

That's on page 5 of 719 Hz is a hidden image
Oh, I wish I had a pair of 3D glasses... dagnabbit. Sniper99, can you tell, is the Moon also protruding?
Renegade
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Renegade »

ii otnemem ii wrote:
Xastabus wrote:It sounds like you guys are talking about 719hz.wav
That discussion is in another thread and someone has taken the left and right images, colored them red and blue, overlapped, and used 3d glasses.

That's on page 5 of 719 Hz is a hidden image
Oh, I wish I had a pair of 3D glasses... dagnabbit. Sniper99, can you tell, is the Moon also protruding?

well you can make your own http://terraweb.wr.usgs.gov/kids/glasses.html that tells u how
Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Admiral Whitcomb »

Xastabus wrote:
Admiral Whitcomb wrote:
If your phone has a WAP browser that allows you to save files to your phone, type in the address http://halo.msn.com/downloads

I have a Sanyo Katana, I've tried using the browser but it doesn't work because the phone deletes spaces. I tried replaceing spaces with %20, but that doesn't work on the MP3s. Apparently the Katana doesn't accept that type of file. I can play the midi versions, but my stupid phone won't let me save them. F&$*#(@ Sprint...

If you're lucky enough to have a phone that hasn't been lobotomized by your network, you could download the files to PC and then transfer them to your phone.

I also have a Blackberry through work, it works much better, but the ringtones are way softer than anything else on the phone and I already have the volume maxed...
:evil: -fumes-
:roll: So much for that... guess I can hold on to the files until I get a better phone. Good luck with yours.
thx
but curses to my phone, it doesnt have wap and i dont ahve anythign to hook it up to my comp... for now
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

Renegade wrote:
ii otnemem ii wrote: Oh, I wish I had a pair of 3D glasses... dagnabbit. Sniper99, can you tell, is the Moon also protruding?
well you can make your own http://terraweb.wr.usgs.gov/kids/glasses.html that tells u how
Oh, I wish I had sheets of red and blue cellophane... dagnabbit.
Dareye
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Dareye »

Dear God tygron get some sleep now! :shock: