Day To Day Update Anyone??

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Lichtonatus
Facilitator [Conditional]

Day To Day Update Anyone??

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

I've just come back to the forum after being away briefly, and it's occurred to me how unpleasant it is to comeback to a forum full of red threads that haven't been read yet, and I realised, maybe we could do something to help those who (like me) see a whole forum/board secton full of new posts and think "Oh dear... I'll just go do something else".

Maybe it's just me being odd (and lazy), but I thought I'm probably (possibly) not the only one. I know we have a timeline for definite links, glyph findings, and other important information, but I was thinking perhaps we could get a thread detailing each days findings.

Reading that it probably sounds like I'm asking for another Timeline, but what I mean is if someone (who's on here a lot, like I used to be) could be reading all the new threads in the Discussion section, then update this "Daily ARG Goodness" Thread with not only the latest definite info like glyph findings, but also the most recent theories and findings (or supposed findings in some cases) each day, preferably with links to the thread in question. It could also include details about what each thred is about in general (If the name isn't blindingly obvious).

That way, people could jump straight to this thread, see if any new threads interest them, instantly see what's happened since yesterday on threads they already use, and decide whether they want to contribute or comment on the current goings-on, without having to trawl through what's rapidly becoming a monsoon of new threads (and will probably get worse as the ARG goes on).

I know it's a fairly mammoth task, and I'd offer to do it myself, but I'm not reliable enough to be on here frequently (and I'm gonna be on holiday away from the internet for at least a fortnight soon), but I think it could be really useful.

As I said earlier, I'm a little off today (brain gone walkies), so it might actually be a damn stupid idea (but don't say it quite like that eh?) What do you think? Anyone up for the challenge?
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Re: Day To Day Update Anyone??

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

hey welcome back!

well lichonatus to be honest nothings happened since server 2 has opened at all

but yeah wasnt sir topham hat trying to do that update thing? - i guess you could use wikibruce, but i very much agree we need a timeline for speculation
UnrealCh13f
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by UnrealCh13f »

Yea, that thing is really outdated, just use bruce's wiki for now...
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

The Resources forum is by far your best bet. All that's been added there is the Server 2 stuff, the Flood Containment Control stuff, and an update to the glyphs page.
Kiloh Ekim
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Kiloh Ekim »

What I suggest (in terms of making a time line thread) would be to try to make something along the lines of HBO's news page. The news of the day, a small description for each, and a link for each. I don't know how much work this would take but it would be a lot more inviting and useful than a thread, I think.
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

*plugs the wiki again*

The Outline page covers everything from start to end. The front page always lists the latest news (that is generally accepted as in-game, not unproven speculation)
Van Helsing
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Van Helsing »

Well instead of trying to duplicate perfectly good information, that's already formatted and ready to go - with regular updates,

I say the Wiki Bruce outline page is the way to go,

Either that means we can use an RSS link for it, to display content, or we merely link to that page via an announcement on the forums or thread re-direction,
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Ibeechu »

All I'm going to say at the moment is that we are working on something that, if it does what it's intended to do, will let you never scratch your head in confusion again.
scapermoya
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by scapermoya »

Ibeechu wrote:All I'm going to say at the moment is that we are working on something that, if it does what it's intended to do, will let you never scratch your head in confusion again.
bold words.
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

But its a mod. Mods don't lie. I trust him.