Halo 3 Themed Xbox 360 - Contains Clues!

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

rewind
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Halo 3 Themed Xbox 360 - Contains Clues!

Unread post by rewind »

Well...as a note...

Speculation: ghost appears to be a service (sleeping process) that wakes up periodically in order to perform certain actions...

Reason: ghost.713 appears to be the process designation in each instance. 713 may very well be the process id (pid). In computer systems, it is very unlikely that a process would be assigned the same pid twice in a row on a constant system if that process were stopped and started...much less 3 or more times (warthog, AR post, h3 360, ?zune?)...so, if this is the pid, then one of two things can be considered:

1) The process is waking on a specified interval to perform the specified action(s)
OR
2) The process is waking due to some outsite manipulation, which might be evident by the POS/NAV coordinates, and that the output is not consistant

Both may be true...as the warthog source maybe normal operation (1 above):

X.XX.713> ghost.713/non-auth/activity ongoing

Yet the the others maybe process interrupted (seized) by some other (outside or inside) entity (2 above):

ar post:
|n|n|nROGUE PROCESS ghost.713>
X.XX.713> POS/NAV < @ > <53LPH54.6JG62.1740><1………>
X X5 > CONFIRM SECURE QUARANTINE - > qghost.713

360:
|n|n|nROGUE PROCESS ghost.713>
x.xx.713> POS/NAV <@> <53454.64562.12740> <1......>
X.X5> CONFIRM SECURE QUARANTINE -> qghost.713
scapermoya
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by scapermoya »

doesn't the AR post seem like a 'corrupted' version of the text on the h3 360? with the conversion of just some of the numbers into letters, it seems like the POS/NAV info got screwed up. AR seemed to be attacked or something according to his messages, right?
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

Could these:

<53LPH54.6JG62.1740>
<53454.64562.12740>

be different Halos? And "ghost" is checking in with each facility to ensure the Flood have not gotten out? Like each Monitor has to check in with a central system at regular intervals and say "Yep, all the Flood are still in their cages. Don't pull the trigger."
Quaig
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Quaig »

From the picture there is an arrow pointing to the space between "Halo" and "3" and next to the arrow is "0x" like the degree of magnification. So I just thought maybe its worth zooming in on that section to see it there is anything hidden there.

Just a thought.
Major Silva
Site Admin

Unread post by Major Silva »

MHDante wrote: PS. Hello!
Hi.

And if you really want a contribution from me, I'd say this has absolutely nothing to do with the ARG. It would be cool, but I don't think Microsoft would mix Iris with E3.

~MS
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

Quaig wrote:From the picture there is an arrow pointing to the space between "Halo" and "3" and next to the arrow is "0x" like the degree of magnification. So I just thought maybe its worth zooming in on that section to see it there is anything hidden there.
Just tried this--even at maximum magnification in Photoshop, I don't see anything unusual.

What's weird is there DOES seem to be something there in the photograph in the first post. Some smudge just to the right of the "o" in "Halo." Could just be a jpg artifact, but it looks too big just to be the little line that extends from the "o."

And I just realized--there's a whole other chunk of text on the Xbox, that we don't have a clear shot of. Check out that box in the upper left that says "H03." Can anyone find a nice, clear shot of the whole box?
JustAHunch
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by JustAHunch »

Everyone seems to forget the x.a - right before the D34th 4nGle 108 bit. They are lower case so it can't mean the same thing as the X.X5 or X.XX.713.
ZenSaohu
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by ZenSaohu »

Well, it's 7/13 today. Keep your eyes peeled, this might send us somewhere.
Gold_7
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Gold_7 »

Not sure if I should post this in SPEC or not as this is my first post and first ARG (started reading on IRIS about 10 days ago and Monday about killed me watching everything unfold and trying to understand everything).

Any who, the POS/NAV #'s (5 34 54, 6 45 62) from the H3 edition 360 I gave a whirl as longitude and latitude, thinking the third numbers might be eleveation or something... interestingly enough in google earth it took me to a lake (Bosumtwi), in Africa, that is an impact crater! Thought I might be on to something and found the same spot on the Microsoft Virtual Earth program that helped unlock episode 2 but found nothing... and this spot is a long ways from Kenya or the birthplace locations from the halo3.com/comic...

Just figured I'd share in case I am overlooking something...
wam
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by wam »

uh... just put those numbers into google (5 34 54, 6 45 62) and the first site has to do with the global position of saturn or something... but then i noticed that the dates on the site were from the 13th to the 19th... somebody said those dates where important... the site is http://www.lunar-occultations.com/iota/ ... saturn.htm
just thought i put that on there... probably nothing though...im just bored >.<