Notice -- How to Unlock Servers -- ALL ANSWERS HERE!

Discussion of the out-of-game, real-world aspects of the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

UnrealCh13f
Moderator [Designated]

Notice -- How to Unlock Servers -- ALL ANSWERS HERE!

Unread post by UnrealCh13f »

First a quick message from the ABO staff...

If you already got a key and you know that you will be receiving a package from Bungie/Microsoft, please let the other participants of Iris have a chance to get a key to unlock a server. You have already beat the odds of being one of the 500 to be rewarded out of the possible thousands that are playing this game. All major forums working on the Iris ARG (CI and Unfiction) agrees with this stance as well, so it's not just ABO. Thank You...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original post concept and pictures by Corbob - This has been modified from his original post

If you find out that a server is pending and you have not registered for entering a key yet, go to the link below, because by the time the key giving link has gone public and have to go through that, you might not have the time to get through it...

https://reg.msgamestudios.com/Default.a ... halo3IRIS1

First if you ever get to this screen, you have to act fast since you are starting to beat out hundreds or thousands of people to recieve and enter a key to the unlock screen
Instruct01.jpg
Instruct01.jpg (103.54 KiB) Viewed 36251 times
Quickly enter the security code and you will get to this screen
Instruct02.jpg
Instruct02.jpg (108.63 KiB) Viewed 36249 times
Copy that code and click the arrow next to "The Path". This will take you to this page (assuming that you have already signed to Windows Live ID)
instruct025wp4.jpg
instruct025wp4.jpg (34.68 KiB) Viewed 36202 times
This step is kinda self-explanatory but I'll say it anyway. Paste the code into the first space and enter the "security code" in the second slot, then click submit

If you were successful, you will get this screen
Instruct03.jpg
Instruct03.jpg (48.4 KiB) Viewed 36197 times
He was number one in this case, lucky...

If you were unsuccessful you would get either invalid key or enter the security code again (which is very common when I did it)

If you were successful but you were not one of the first 100, you will get a screen saying "Thanks for participating, all 100 keys have already been entered." And you would get a link to whatever server you were trying to unlock at the time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is also very common that you will get a "Birthdate error". Here is a how-to on how to get around them by ii otnemem ii

Click Sign in.
Select a language.
It will tell you to update your Windows Live Profile with a birthdate. Click on Update my Profile.
Double-check your profile, make sure it has everything required -- not only for the form, but also enough info so that you can receive your package!
Save the form.
It will take you to a form almost exactly like the previous one. Double-check it for the same things, click Save.
Click on Return to the Forerunner Site.
Enter code.
Be happy.
DON'T ENTER ANY MORE SERVER CODES -- Let others have a go!
Play ARG.
Get package.
Pee pants.
Continue to play ARG until Halo 3 blows your mind into kibbles 'n' bits.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knowing that you can't update the info from the first msgamestudios.com site. Go here and update that info right now...

http://tinyurl.com/yvv9vj
VectorScalar
Data [Conditional]

Re: Notice -- How to Unlock Servers -- ALL ANSWERS HERE!

Unread post by VectorScalar »

FYI-It might take up to 3 hours to update the info, so do it now.

Also-is there any way to verify that the birthdate error has been fixed? I changed it according to the above instructions and still was given the error. Rooting around at all the sites I've used my Live ID (xbox.com, b.net, hotmail, h3.com, etc.) after to figure out what the problem was, I found the note that it might take some time to update. I'd like to test now so I don't get the disfrustipating message at the next server unlock.
DEM1ZE
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DEM1ZE »

To make sure your birth date and other billing info is correctly entered on your Windows Live ID account, go to:
https://login.live.com/ppsecure/secure. ... 0e5065053d
Rubyks
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Rubyks »

I went to the link posted above, and couldn't find any place for the date of birth or billing info. All I see that I can change are my email address, password, and things like mobile credentials. Am I missing something?
Yavanna
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Yavanna »

Rubyks wrote:I went to the link posted above, and couldn't find any place for the date of birth or billing info. All I see that I can change are my email address, password, and things like mobile credentials. Am I missing something?
after you login and are in your account settings, click on "Registered information"
Rubyks
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Rubyks »

I found out what it was. My windows live ID wasn't a hotmail ID, it was a gmail ID. I looked up an old hotmail account of mine, and all the extra options appeared.
rewind
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by rewind »

Rubyks wrote:I found out what it was. My windows live ID wasn't a hotmail ID, it was a gmail ID. I looked up an old hotmail account of mine, and all the extra options appeared.
I use a gmail ID, and I get those options.
Rubyks
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Rubyks »

Thats weird. When I log on as gmail, I only get 3 sets of options: Credentials, Privacy and Security, and Customer Support. When I log on a hotmail one, I get 2 more: Account Information and Permission for kids.
Zero
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Zero »

Just one question.

Do we recieve a package from Server 02 or it was only for Server 01?

Also, I did another way to avoid the birthday error.

Sign out when you reach the site and sign back, if you sure you are 18 and over. :P

Thats what I did. XD
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

Zero wrote:Just one question.

Do we recieve a package from Server 02 or it was only for Server 01?

Also, I did another way to avoid the birthday error.

Sign out when you reach the site and sign back, if you sure you are 18 and over. :P

Thats what I did. XD
The assumption is that you will receive a package if you were in the 100 to enter a key... no reports yet on the Server 2 packages, tho.
From the first server, we entered keys on 6/20 and the first reports of packages were 7/5. So, I suspect we will have a similar ~2 week wait. Poopie.