Flood from outside galaxy?

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

scapermoya
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Flood from outside galaxy?

Unread post by scapermoya »

you will be assimilated.
Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Admiral Whitcomb »

moe like infected with a parasitic life form that will then use your body to kill or infect your freinds, while it digests you...
Pak
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Pak »

Maimbot 9000 wrote:You're saying the transcript is telling us "The Flood mind had spoken to us before, elsewhere"? How is that useful information?

It spoke to the Forerunner "mockingly, dismissively." [It told us] it had done this before, elsewhere." That's how I read it. The Forerunner thought they'd found a way to beat the Flood. And the Flood mind responded, basically, "Guys, I've survived crap like this before."

Edit: Your argument is that "this" has to refer to something else in the message; I don't think that's the case at all. The Flood does one thing. It infects and spreads. Strictly speaking, the grammar of the message could be clearer, I agree. But it's still legible the way it's written, without "this" referring back to a previously used noun.
You're right, I overlooked the possibility of an implied subject and predicate.
yakaman
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by yakaman »

And since Joe Staten indicated that the Forerunner are not around in this galaxy, perhaps they've been busy in other galaxies, trying other ways to fight the parasite. Maybe they come back here to help, maybe they're too guilty to return.
I am with maimbot on this. The whole thing is beginning to suggest that the Forerunner were caught with their pants down, and the only solution left was to implement a "scorched earth" policy and head for the hills (another galaxy).

Hmm....we still have to explain why humanity (and seemingly, all Earth life) doesn't show even the slightest hiccup 100,000 years ago.

Is it possible the Ark teleports the Earth to another galaxy during the firing?
Is it possible the Forerunner dragged the Earth to this galaxy from another?
Is it likely that they are waiting in some other galaxy for help?

Can you imagine the ending to H3 being a slow pan out of the night sky, with flare ups from different galaxies indicating galaxy-wide battles going on throughout the entire universe? It's always only the tip of the iceberg with Bungie.
scapermoya
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by scapermoya »

yakaman wrote:
Can you imagine the ending to H3 being a slow pan out of the night sky, with flare ups from different galaxies indicating galaxy-wide battles going on throughout the entire universe? It's always only the tip of the iceberg with Bungie.
except for that pesky speed of light thing, yeah it would be cool
johny 5
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by johny 5 »

To clarify my hypothesis:

The Forerunners scorched their galaxy, jumped to ours, and either built new Halos, our brought the old ones with them.

Not that this idea helps with the ARG, though.

meh.
BlindingTruth
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by BlindingTruth »

The Flood were preserved on purpose but it is doubtful that the Forerunners intended us to interact with them. In "Ghosts of Onix" a group of Spartans are captured and studied by sentinels. They are placed in "coffins" that exist in a state of permanent trans-dementional flux. They are literally untouchable. Nothing from our universe can interact with them till the field is deactivated, either energy or matter. They are literally in indefinite hibernation. Their friends hid behind them like shields because their containers were impervious to any matter or energy. The Forerunners obviously used this technology on the Flood specimens they had in storage. Remember that the Forerunners were studying the Flood and that the final attack overwhelmed them quickly. They didn't have time to destroy their samples. The Forerunners were no fools. They would not have intentionally left samples that could be reawakened and allowed to begin the conquest around intentionally. They intended to ERADICATE the Flood.
Don't take anything for granted.
They had constructed an entire wold to act as a portal to a Dyson's Sphere that existed in a state of flux. Their last sanctuary. They never had a chance to move in and close the door behind them.
The '06 E3 footage shows the opening of an iris-like portal. A portal of the EXACT same description is featured in "Ghosts of Onix." Unfortunately that the one on Onix is closing while the one on Earth is opening. We had better hope its on Forerunners on the other side of this one. God save our soles if its the Flood.
Baratos
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Baratos »

BlindingTruth wrote: The '06 E3 footage shows the opening of an iris-like portal. A portal of the EXACT same description is featured in "Ghosts of Onix." Unfortunately that the one on Onix is closing while the one on Earth is opening. We had better hope its on Forerunners on the other side of this one. God save our soles if its the Flood.
I always thought a great scene for Halo 3 would be for the Ark to open, with a bunch of Prophets outside waiting to see their gods. Then the door opens and all you see are skeletons and infection forms.
System Failure
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by System Failure »

Mt fault guys, but where can I find this info on the servers. (And dont flame, while yall were on the cpu, I was preparing for boot camp.)
Havok
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Havok »

BlindingTruth wrote: The '06 E3 footage shows the opening of an iris-like portal. A portal of the EXACT same description is featured in "Ghosts of Onix." Unfortunately that the one on Onix is closing while the one on Earth is opening. We had better hope its on Forerunners on the other side of this one. God save our soles if its the Flood.
I'd certainly hope God saved more than just our soles. :lol: