Server 2 Image and Video Discussion

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Echelon Three
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Server 2 Image and Video Discussion

Unread post by Echelon Three »

M4730 wrote:http://glx.sourceforge.net/

Well this is a little odd. It appears Google'ing "Gle" has brought up that site above. It appears to be some sort of programming language that when installed mentions ghostscript in a command prompt. Perhaps through Gle's command prompt something will turn up?
I don't know too much about programming at all, but I think I remember hearing that most programs have "ghost" stuff ongoing in the background of operating systems, as they are ongoing activities the user has no visible indication of (other than, for example, going into the task manager of a PC). Don't quote me on that, but I thought I heard it somewhere and I think that's what ghosts are. Neat find though, maybe I'm crazy.

@ NightFalcon...this is the first time I've seen this heard of, but great find. There are too many similiarities between those two pictures in both instances not to be Mars. So that leaves us with ANOTHER possibly important object in the Sol system...great, :roll: first Earth is probably the Ark, then the moon tells us when the servers open, and now this!
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

I just had a thought. Since Earth is probably the Ark, you wouldn't leave something like that unattended. It would make sense if the Forerunners decided to use Mars as another shield world, just so highly much more complex since its so close to the Ark. That's why we haven't heard of this idea before. We also know Mars had free flowing water at some point, the Forerunners could be a nice excuse for that sudden change.

*Play Twilight Zone theme*

Suffice it to say we should start looking into Mars references.
Echelon Three
Data [Authenticated]

Omega Hunter 9 wrote:I just had a thought. Since Earth is probably the Ark, you wouldn't leave something like that unattended. It would make sense if the Forerunners decided to use Mars as another shield world, just so highly much more complex since its so close to the Ark. That's why we haven't heard of this idea before. We also know Mars had free flowing water at some point, the Forerunners could be a nice excuse for that sudden change.

*Play Twilight Zone theme*

Suffice it to say we should start looking into Mars references.
Gah, Mars is looking more important all the time. It could also have a relationship similar to the one between Alpha Halo and the station played on in the Arbiter's first missions. That station was, according to 343 GS, some sort of weapons research facility to find better ways to kill the Flood. Perhaps Mars was a testing ground for Ark-like weapons, Forerunner tech in general...or (humor me people, just feeding the brainstorming beast) the originally planned site of the Ark. No proof to any of these, but Mars just popped up and it has to mean something.

New thought! What if the image progression we see is of the Flood invading Mars? Over time the biomass or thermal readings heat up dramatically; it would illustrate the sheer awe-inspiring power of the Flood to literally drain an entire planet of not only life but even water and civilization, like universal locusts.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Alright, let's play with this Flood-invaded Mars idea. What if the Forerunners, in a last ditch attempt to protect Earth, moved Mars into its current orbit, taking away the light neccessary to keep the free-flowing water moving, and also freezing or slowing the Flood themselves. The pic being a worst case scenario for the Forerunners could see what would happen if they didn't do the above plan.

Once the Ark was fired, all biomass large enough to sustain flood was disintigrated, including the flood on Mars.
Echelon Three
Data [Authenticated]

So you're saying they pushed Mars farther from the Sun so that it would freeze? Considering some of their achievements such "small" feats ( :roll: ) would be possible. In any case the incorporation of Mars as an entire planet lost to the Flood would be convincing evidence to show that the Halo option was the only way of stopping the Flood. Just imagine that the planet next door, within the same system as the Ark, fell to the Flood. I would certainly be like, "All right, eff this." and press the big red button.
Pirra
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Pirra »

Echelon Three wrote:So you're saying they pushed Mars farther from the Sun so that it would freeze? Considering some of their achievements such "small" feats ( :roll: ) would be possible. In any case the incorporation of Mars as an entire planet lost to the Flood would be convincing evidence to show that the Halo option was the only way of stopping the Flood. Just imagine that the planet next door, within the same system as the Ark, fell to the Flood. I would certainly be like, "All right, eff this." and press the big red button.
I'd just nuke Mars. Or may they used some crazy scorching Earth weapon (think Hamer of Dawn in Gears of War) and fried the place (also like GoW only here it worked ;) ). That could be why most of Mars is oxidized (rusted) iron. What says you?

Edit: I am NOT saying GoW has anything to do with Halo 3 k.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

If they used the orbital bombardment of the Gears type, even if it were plasma or lasers, it would leave either lots o' glass like Covenant glassing of Earth colonies, or yield noticible crators, or localized carbon deposits. No, 'nuking' the place didn't happen, sorry. (Orbital bombings *are* cool to watch though)
Dunia
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Dunia »

Ghostscript is an open source Postscript language. It's used to output to a printer.

I just happened to use this about a year ago when my company dropped Adobe Acrobat and switched to CutePDF. :)
Harrisonmon
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Harrisonmon »

Hey...I'm REALLY new here...but I've been reading over some stuff. Not sure if it helps, but i played 719hz backwards and it was really the exact same thing as it is front. When I slowed it down, I could hear a very deep voice saying 5 4 3 2 0. It sounded like a countdown. Then I played it backwards, and slow, and it was different, but still no dice. Probably won't help, but I'm just throwing it out there.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Harrisonmon wrote:Hey...I'm REALLY new here...but I've been reading over some stuff. Not sure if it helps, but i played 719hz backwards and it was really the exact same thing as it is front. When I slowed it down, I could hear a very deep voice saying 5 4 3 2 0. It sounded like a countdown. Then I played it backwards, and slow, and it was different, but still no dice. Probably won't help, but I'm just throwing it out there.
Can you confirm that it skipped number one? It could possibly be a piece of a URL.