Server 2 Image and Video Discussion

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

theteal1
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Server 2 Image and Video Discussion

Unread post by theteal1 »

WFGeppetto wrote:um, hi. I'm confused, should I feel sorry for someone who took a trip to Europe? , dunno if I can do that. I just joined up; I play in the bungie CI alot, and I wanted to get in here as well. *blush*I have kinda been spyin on you guys. I quoted you about 3 times (and you got credit I promise). Anyway, just wanna say hi, and ask for a point to the newb station.

(to camoflage spam:) I dunno about the death angle thing. I mean I get it and all, but the symbol's angles are not congruent. I still get it, and it makes more sense than any other explanation around at the moment, but my very literal mind doesn't like the inconsistancy. I like to think that D34th 4Ngle (dunno if i did it perfect) is just a nod to 1337leet. Kinda like the nod for the venigrewhatever cipher. hope i'm not steppin on toes.

edit: nothing at SOTA that i'm aware of. Latest on that: when you 999... out the counter it just adds another block. that recently burned a 777... theory. Thats kinda old stuff to me, so I think its safe to say no SOTA news.
No, dont feel sorry. It was an amazing trip. I think the lack of internet was probably a good thing. Dose of real life, you know? Anyways, it's taken a couple days to get back into the ARG, and I'm still not completely filled in...
scapermoya
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by scapermoya »

europe owns. hup holland.
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Dalthanas »

theteal1 wrote: I still get it, and it makes more sense than any other explanation around at the moment, but my very literal mind doesn't like the inconsistancy. I like to think that D34th 4Ngle (dunno if i did it perfect) is just a nod to 1337leet. Kinda like the nod for the venigrewhatever cipher. hope i'm not steppin on toes.
I agree with you that I don't think the 1337 $p3@k shouldn't be taken out of the clue, but I think it's more than just "a nod to 1337leet." Bungie doesn't do very much without a purpose, and I think that goes both for ignoring the numeric letter replacements or it just being a simply nod. The cipher, after all, was more than just a nod to the cryptographer, it was the key to opening the next server, and every part of the trail in that video, from the name to the quote, was of use. I think we should look for meaning both in Death Angle as the literal, and in d34th 4ngle.

Also, if it was simply a nod to leet speak, there are other substitutions that could be made, and not all numbers. Only numbers were used, so there's some significance to 344 (the total degrees of a particular mesaurement perhaps? The inverse of an angle). I don't know, I'm an arts grad, so math and science have eluded me since high school, but I'm sure the 344 isn't just there for decoration.
live faust:die jung
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by live faust:die jung »

i've been looking over this for quite some time, and think i may have an insight on d34th 4ngle. after hours of puzzling over this, i just looked at it in a different light. perhaps if it is intended as more than just 1337sp33k, maybe we're supposed to read it literally. thinking in this vein, i discovered that it may be supposed to be read as d (the) 34th 4 (for) ngle.
a quick google search brings up http://www.ngle.net/ as the first result, which is 'under construction' and copyright 1999. probably a dead end. other results include lyrics to a song entitled "ngle" (anyone know what language that is? looks germanic, but isn't actually german as far as i can tell), along with some other random misspellings of 'angle'. on a hunch, the 34th google result (i know, they aren't listed in a static order) was for a conveyor belt merging unit. no glyphs to be seen anywhere. any thoughts?
writer87
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by writer87 »

the dictionary states that a Dead Angle is: an angle or space which can not be seen or defended from behind the parapet.

just thought i would share, also the only anagram style thing i could come up with was 344th Glen D.
supremely
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by supremely »

live faust:die jung wrote:i've been looking over this for quite some time, and think i may have an insight on d34th 4ngle. after hours of puzzling over this, i just looked at it in a different light. perhaps if it is intended as more than just 1337sp33k, maybe we're supposed to read it literally. thinking in this vein, i discovered that it may be supposed to be read as d (the) 34th 4 (for) ngle.
a quick google search brings up http://www.ngle.net/ as the first result, which is 'under construction' and copyright 1999. probably a dead end. other results include lyrics to a song entitled "ngle" (anyone know what language that is? looks germanic, but isn't actually german as far as i can tell), along with some other random misspellings of 'angle'. on a hunch, the 34th google result (i know, they aren't listed in a static order) was for a conveyor belt merging unit. no glyphs to be seen anywhere. any thoughts?
i too, was thinking 34th something something then i got tired. i certainly hope that of the two theories that its a nod (or something) to 1337 than to Da gangstas yo. lol. >_>
writer87 wrote: the dictionary states that a Dead Angle is: an angle or space which can not be seen or defended from behind the parapet.

just thought i would share, also the only anagram style thing i could come up with was 344th Glen D.
i wonder if we're to be looking out for information comming from an 'angle' we're not expecting....
writer87
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by writer87 »

writer87 wrote:the dictionary states that a Dead Angle is: an angle or space which can not be seen or defended from behind the parapet.

and just to clarify what a parapet is (because i surely didnt know) go here Parapet
M4730
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by M4730 »

http://glx.sourceforge.net/

Well this is a little odd. It appears Google'ing "Gle" has brought up that site above. It appears to be some sort of programming language that when installed mentions ghostscript in a command prompt. Perhaps through Gle's command prompt something will turn up?
NightFalcon
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by NightFalcon »

Hello to all ARGamers here! In order to help you with reasearch I decided to give you what I've found about the Infestation Image and the video. The link is on the image. What do u think?
Infestation-Mars.JPG
Infestation-Mars.JPG (32.12 KiB) Viewed 6473 times
Mars-Episode1video.JPG
Mars-Episode1video.JPG (25.38 KiB) Viewed 6474 times
lostgeek
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by lostgeek »

This "ngle" song is written in "Schwäbisch", a german dialect. But I think it is a dead end.
Even if I look at line 34: "chunnt e so ne ängel derhär"
As far as I can tell (I don't speak schwäbisch) this means "There comes such an angel".