Server 2 Image and Video Discussion

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

tygron
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Server 2 Image and Video Discussion

Unread post by tygron »

Wow I actually made this one! I have a key and I belive the package is going to come to my house.......... i edited it after the fact cause I knew my mom would throw away anything that she didn't know about. She said it's fine... after alot of disscusion about it cause she didn't feel it was safe... it's microsoft.

Anyway i'll start thinking about this tomarow... cause my brain is just over loaded. I didn't sleep last night... duno why. Anyway i'd like to thank those of you in the chat who showed the link to me.... other wise I wouldn't have gotten a key.

I'm sorry if this post has nothing to do with the arg... I tried to keep it on topic. >.>
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

We may have been fools to think that all intelligence follows the rules we've set
The Flood is no idiot parasite
No simple infection to be cured and cauterized.
It has a center, a Mind
And that discovery gave us a way to fight it.
But when the mind realized we had its measure.
it spoke to us
Mockingly, Dismissively.
It has done this before
Elsewhere.
YagerX
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by YagerX »

in addition to the avi video of the server video im posting a youtube version enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKBvty-GHNw
nvm
MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by MulletedOne »

TheLeggett
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by TheLeggett »

Here is a star image showing the alignment with guides. Partial Transparency, and both 100% visible.

Heres the partial Transparency:
Partial Transparency on new star image
Partial Transparency on new star image
starslayeredtrans.jpg (250.77 KiB) Viewed 7324 times
And the Full Visible:
Fully Visible
Fully Visible
starslayered.jpg (253.01 KiB) Viewed 7323 times
As you can see, many planets have disappeared.
"Every sixteen hours another planet is taken" - It must be referring to this... right?

Used photoshop to screencap the guides and make the alignment a bit better.
blankCANVAS
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by blankCANVAS »

I'm led to believe that we'll use the glyph as an anchor point, and we will slowly reveal more and more of the star map each time a server opens. Anyone agree?
Cryptk5
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Cryptk5 »

blankCANVAS wrote:I'm led to believe that we'll use the glyph as an anchor point, and we will slowly reveal more and more of the star map each time a server opens. Anyone agree?
I agree but, I think the area around the glyph is still going to be the biggest focus. What I mean by that is I think these star images are "before and after" images. What the before and after is, I still dont know. It may be the halos firing but why would it destroy stars? That wouldnt make any sense. Something may be happening like what the msg said "Every sixteen hours another planet is taken" We could speculate about a lot of things but we dont know the time frame between the images.
horse
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by horse »

TheLeggett wrote:As you can see, many planets have disappeared.
This is easier to see if you use a "difference" transparency - in the overlapped area (in the middle of the screen), only the things that have changed remain - things that didn't change have disappeared.
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

Cryptk5 wrote:
blankCANVAS wrote:I'm led to believe that we'll use the glyph as an anchor point, and we will slowly reveal more and more of the star map each time a server opens. Anyone agree?
I agree but, I think the area around the glyph is still going to be the biggest focus. What I mean by that is I think these star images are "before and after" images. What the before and after is, I still dont know. It may be the halos firing but why would it destroy stars? That wouldnt make any sense. Something may be happening like what the msg said "Every sixteen hours another planet is taken" We could speculate about a lot of things but we dont know the time frame between the images.
The "Sixteen Hours" was just to get us to the IP address... Possible that it is also stars are disappearing, but I hink that little tidbit has already shown its usefulness...
Cryptk5
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Cryptk5 »

ii otnemem ii wrote:
Cryptk5 wrote:
The "Sixteen Hours" was just to get us to the IP address... Possible that it is also stars are disappearing, but I hink that little tidbit has already shown its usefulness...
Exactly. We dont know why the stars are in one image and not the other I was just thinking out loud.
If anyone would like to know there are about 67-70 stars missing from the second image. I cant get the exact number because some of the stars just "moved" or new ones appeared in some other positions.