Look for the signs?

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Cha0sReborn
Data [Conditional]

Re: Look for the signs?

Unread post by Cha0sReborn »

theteal1 wrote:I already mentioned that in the Glyphs thread. It really does look like it.
Ah, sorry, I should have checked there first. Anyway, I definitely agree. Good job noticing that.
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by 50401 »

Cha0sReborn wrote:Hey, has anyone noticed this? It was pointed out by Ultimate_Dragon in the IRC chat.

This picture is from the announcement trailer, showing blue light coming out of the Ark. Notice that light comes out in a specific shape, one that looks very similar to the glyph seen in the email, on Halo3.com, and in AR's new avatar. You can't see the whole thing from the angle in the trailer, but what we can see seems to match up pretty well (two long lines going out the bottom-left and bottom-right, the top-left line being very short).

What do you guys think? Does the glyph thus represent the Ark? Or do they just happen to look similar?
I'm pretty sure it was mentioned back around page five in here aswell. I doubt the meaning of the symbols is important [yet]; at the moment people are just grasping at straws, reposting the same thing and [worst of all] reposting things that people keep saying over and over are not relevant.

There have been some really good ideas, but we need to not get bogged down with reposting and irrelevant tangents, because it feels at the moment that only about 5% of this thread is even remotely useful :/
Van Helsing
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Van Helsing »

Ok Guys, I'm back on,

I've read all of this thread, and the new glyphs thread - and I think the map overlay thing will be a waste of time,

it seems we are on a hunt, and do not need to really 'make' anything ourselves as they leave us the bread-crumbs to follow and then find new signs, etc etc

Although we're really getting in to this now
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

Dude, a lot has happened. A LOT. Read that *NM* thread about Halo3 changing.
kungfudude
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by kungfudude »

I just got back. What has happened? HAlo3.com changed again?
Lichtonatus
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

No. I just thought it had because....something to do with my chaches or something.

Unless by again you mean from the pic of the MC with the thing on his visor to the 5 servers. Then yes.
Van Helsing
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Van Helsing »

Yes, this is the image:

conveniently hosted on Microsoft's own servers in a logical folder and file structure:

http://www.microsoft.com/games/halo3/im ... romo_1.jpg

OFFTOPIC:

Heh, look what I managed to nab from Halo3.com whilst browsing all the files linked to us: