3rd Change on the 888-778-5672

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Webshift
Site Admin

3rd Change on the 888-778-5672

Unread post by Webshift »

I'll record this to MP3 once I get home. it's a shorter message but it's been updated again.
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Re: 3rd Change on the 888-778-5672

Unread post by Dalthanas »

I just called it, and it seems to be the same thing we've discussing for a while in viewtopic.php?f=12&t=655 unless it's different for people from different areas.
ZenSaohu
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by ZenSaohu »

One of these days we're going to have to get off of the "New Clue Found!!" thread, as it's getting way too long. When the 4th message comes up as it inevitably should, let's pop a "4th change" thread and refresh the discussion there.
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Okay, I don't disagree, but is there something new, or is Shift talking about the 3rd message?
Webshift
Site Admin

Unread post by Webshift »

this time there's a guy and a woman talking to someone on another line. (Bill probably) Unless I missed this somewhere else.

I switched the topic because that "new clue" thread is getting a bit big and intimidating :) I don't want to read thru 50+ pages of post
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Totally understandable. Last time I saw that post before today it was 2 pages... took a while reading through everything.
In the interest of simplicity, Shift, I'll give you the long story, short. The 3rd message is hypothesized to be the other side of the first message. There are two recordings of two participants, 3 and 4. One is presumed to be Bill, the other an unidentified female. The message basically fills in the pauses from the very first message. All told the transcript goes something like :

"Man 1: ...is necessary, and neither is the doc download.
Man 2: I agree. This isn't going to be a public resource. Uh, pass on the document number so I can delete it
Man 3 (Bill?): So where does that put us in terms of the numbers then?
Man 1: There's no way to tell yet, Jimmy's looking into the records to find out how many closed sites there are, but as for active clean up, somewhere around 3-4 thousand.
Female 1: Roughly
Man 1: Oh here it is. Uh, Hold on. 402-K-07-002 and in terms of numbers most of these are past the PPE stage.
Female 1: And out of that 4000 or so we are expecting to close shop on the bulk by the end of the month.
Man 2: With a few exceptions: site 34, site 4, 107, and 37. The center usually goes in before we do, that's been my experience.
Man 1: By the time we have the site clean, they've moved on to more pressing needs. After all, we've had some extremely unpredictable seasons lately.
3rd participant
Man 2: No need, their rep is available to us any time we need her.
3rd participant
Man 1: On everything we still need to look into
3rd participant
Man 2: Well we're working on it. For the moment we're simply hiding the data behind a false menu item.
Man 1: Security will be updated before the next system approaches
3rd participant
Man 2: Okay, great. Bye Bill
Man 1: Thanks "

Hope this helps catch some people up, and I definately agree on the new topic once message 4 hits.

There are some really good audio recordings in the big topic people have spliced together making the conversation synch up. I was impressed, but don't have time to delve right now. I'm going to get fired over this ARG :D
JustAHunch
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by JustAHunch »

The folks at unficition (and redct) have put together the audio file:

Audio.
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

Did anyone notice the conference number (16180) is abnormally close to the next monitor's number (16807)?
ZenSaohu
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by ZenSaohu »

JustAHunch wrote:The folks at unficition (and redct) have put together the audio file
I put it together a while ago... it's on the wiki at http://halo.wikibruce.com/images/8/8a/8 ... -Part1.mp3
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Yup, I think Zen's is the best splice I've heard of 1 and 3 all together. It synchs really well.