are we trying to hard?

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

ckansers
Data [Conditional]

are we trying to hard?

Unread post by ckansers »

ok im not hardcore like u sum of u guys (kudos tho) ive noticed people are like getting deep within evidence involving the programming codes and what not, MS pry assumes with good reason that it has super hardcore gemaer fans who are modders and such but i dont think they would make it so complicated maybe were getting ahead of ourselves wen it could be relatively simple, idk feel free to correct me if im wrong
LoneRanger 2.5
Data [Authenticated]

Re: are we trying to hard?

Unread post by LoneRanger 2.5 »

They may or may not have expected what we've done, but they really should have. All alternate-reality games are conducted in a manner that associates itself to what we've been doing with this one.

We're certainly not trying too hard. My worry is that Microsoft simply wasn't expecting us to try this hard, even though they should have come in knowing their targeted audience.
ODST Epsilon
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ODST Epsilon »

LoneRanger 2.5 wrote:They may or may not have expected what we've done, but they really should have. All alternate-reality games are conducted in a manner that associates itself to what we've been doing with this one.

We're certainly not trying too hard. My worry is that Microsoft simply wasn't expecting us to try this hard, even though they should have come in knowing their targeted audience.
Yeah, we're Halo fans. Once we've beaten campaign, we're going to figure out how to beat the rest of the game and find every little trick in the book.
EliteSniper177
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by EliteSniper177 »

i think were not trying hard enough
FrenzyTheKillbot
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by FrenzyTheKillbot »

I don't think it's a matter of trying. You can't find what isn't there, and I really don't think there's anything there. When something happens it isn't going to be some small nuance of a change, it's going to be big so everyone will notice.
Air Sparrow Hawk
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Air Sparrow Hawk »

I don't know. For one I think that we aren't getting some of the most basic pieces of evidence. But I secondly think that removing all duplicated stars from Starimage1 is going too far. Bungie was just lazy when making that image.
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

ckansers wrote:ok im not hardcore like u sum of u guys (kudos tho) ive noticed people are like getting deep within evidence involving the programming codes and what not, MS pry assumes with good reason that it has super hardcore gemaer fans who are modders and such but i dont think they would make it so complicated maybe were getting ahead of ourselves wen it could be relatively simple, idk feel free to correct me if im wrong
unfortunatly i agree - microsoft just wasnt ready for the effort us arg'ers put into things - and basically released a overly simplistic web drama. i dont think this was ever really meant to be complex.

and unfortunatly the fact that the first 100 peaple on a website got a prize shows how simplistic the game is - microsoft should have thrown in a puzzle - and made it obvius that the first 100 would win something - i dont know but i do think this arg is just about being in the right place at the right time rather than solving complex puzzles
Air Sparrow Hawk
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Air Sparrow Hawk »

sharpsniper99 wrote:
ckansers wrote:ok im not hardcore like u sum of u guys (kudos tho) ive noticed people are like getting deep within evidence involving the programming codes and what not, MS pry assumes with good reason that it has super hardcore gemaer fans who are modders and such but i dont think they would make it so complicated maybe were getting ahead of ourselves wen it could be relatively simple, idk feel free to correct me if im wrong
unfortunatly i agree - microsoft just wasnt ready for the effort us arg'ers put into things - and basically released a overly simplistic web drama. i dont think this was ever really meant to be complex.

and unfortunatly the fact that the first 100 peaple on a website got a prize shows how simplistic the game is - microsoft should have thrown in a puzzle - and made it obvius that the first 100 would win something - i dont know but i do think this arg is just about being in the right place at the right time rather than solving complex puzzles
True, it's something that gets me a little annoyed. But it really is of no use whining, we just have to try harder and maybe we will be in the next 100!