So did we just miss something?

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Sable
Data [Conditional]

So did we just miss something?

Unread post by Sable »

I mean...giving the guys running this the benefit of the doubt. Let's pretend we're not being jerked around.

What have we overlooked? The SOTA website has a LOT of misspellings, do any of them seem to have any kind of significance?

The server files have been picked to death, to the point I'm convinced there's no valid data in the "chirp."

Anything out of the ordinary in the hidden SOTA membership form?

Edit:

AdjutantReflex, are any of his words or lines references to poetry, obscure or not? Anything stupid like taking the seventh word of each line and making something out of it?

Anything significant about any strange capitalizations (Universe, Matrix, etc.)?

Just...brainstorming a bit, here. Comments/questions/deletions/moving of thread welcome.
SpartanSeraph
Data [Conditional]

Re: So did we just miss something?

Unread post by SpartanSeraph »

There has been an unusually long pause. Either we're missing something or they want to build tension - a lot of it. I looked the SOTA site up and down to death and couldn't find anything. The server won't load for me anymore - no idea why.
Corbob
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Corbob »

This gap in the game could confirm that they opened up the wrong server and gave us the ending of the server phase. I say server phase because I'm expecting more than one phase in this game. If MSBungie planned this gap and it's all going according to plan then we should see some activity soon.

Did the last post by the NAR's seem a little worried to you guys? It wasn't nearly as cocky as his original posting pattern was. Maybe he was trying to stop the server from unlocking and didn't. Maybe he's realizing we are a threat.
Hun7er
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Hun7er »

i think there is something to the misspellings, but i'm too lazy to chart them out and look for a pattern or spelled word.
Icy Inferno
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Icy Inferno »

Maybe we did miss something (either due to our own fault or an error on their part) and know its slowed down so much because they are trying to figure out a way to guide us in the right direction.

I'm hesitant to think that they screwed everything up though...
Motive8
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Motive8 »

I have been looking at the SOTA site as well,one think that struck me was the Quote on the front page.
"I was like a boy playing on the sea-shore and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Isaac Newton
If you use google earth with pictures enabled just off the coast of mombasa there is an picture that some took from a plane of a halo rainbow.probably fluke.
Attachments
halo Rainbow.jpg
halo Rainbow.jpg (64.7 KiB) Viewed 8824 times
yakaman
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by yakaman »

Consider this:

The first AR message happened June 11th. Halo 3 comes out Sept 25th. So that is what, about 106 days. There are 5 servers. If one assumes that the climax (the final server is opened) will occur very close to release date, then the each server chapter will be about 3 weeks long.

The life cycle of server 5 lasted roughly from the 11th to what, the 25th? If there is to be any linearity in the schedule, then the next might not open for another week.

I'm not saying this is how it is going to go; I'm saying remain patient and assume that everything is going right. If people start believing something is wrong, they stop looking for answers.

I've been lurking and looking like mad, and I'll admit, the pickin's is slim.
caboose0070
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by caboose0070 »

ok im just saying what i think so dont get mad im also new and now little except what ive picked up from the timeline

what about the pictures i have not seen much done on them and there may be clues in some of SOTA's pictures as well as some of the others...just a thought
ODST Epsilon
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ODST Epsilon »

caboose0070 wrote:ok im just saying what i think so dont get mad im also new and now little except what ive picked up from the timeline

what about the pictures i have not seen much done on them and there may be clues in some of SOTA's pictures as well as some of the others...just a thought
They've been picked to death. Those posts just died off when nothing came out of them and people realized that there isn't anything contained in them.

As for the long delay. I think that if they've got a schedule, they should probably think about amending it as this thing goes on because these are the exact kinds of threads they don't want popping up. Notice the wording in all of our posts? None of us are actually thinking in terms of the game but rather about Microsoft and Bungie.

As for that quote, I think it's just something general because you could say that about anything. How many times have you looked in depth at something, only to notice that the whole image was important?
atenz
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by atenz »

ive been here since the beginning i was searching b.org forums and somthing caught my attention...anyways i dont like the way this ARG is progressing. it seemed like we had a HUGE influx of information at the start for the first few weeks, then we started to find stuff on our own, and maybe we found it out of context, before bungie could do anything about it. and now there just picking up the pieces and figuring out where to go next. personally, i think this ARG should have been HUGE, with enough information to give us a steady flow until sometime in september.