A possible lead....?

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

SkorponokX
Data [Conditional]

Re: A possible lead....?

Unread post by SkorponokX »

DanMazkin wrote:It's definitely suspect that the numbers are in the concept art, but i'm hoping they aren't clues, because if they are, then the immersion level of the ARG for me is shot.
As I said in a previous post I think only the 201 is supposed to be an actual number the others are just parts of the drawings, which some people think look slightly like a letter or number. I have a feeling the 201 is a piece of graffiti/marking added to give the picture a bit of flavour, it is supposed to be some form of Earth industrial installation.
System Failure
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by System Failure »

I dont think some guy will be like "201 all day, 201 all fucking day."
It seems much more likely to be part of an I.P. I'm not ridiculing you, I'm just saying my point
LoneRanger 2.5
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by LoneRanger 2.5 »

That art is from the batch released alongside the GamePro stuff. It's legitimate, as are the numbers.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/ ... 70291.html

I'm going to hijack this thread a bit, so please forgive me. I've just got to ask, what in the world do you see in the above image? Am I the only one that notices what appears to be bar jutting up from the ground into the sky?
ODST Epsilon
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ODST Epsilon »

LoneRanger 2.5 wrote:That art is from the batch released alongside the GamePro stuff. It's legitimate, as are the numbers.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/ ... 70291.html

I'm going to hijack this thread a bit, so please forgive me. I've just got to ask, what in the world do you see in the above image? Am I the only one that notices what appears to be bar jutting up from the ground into the sky?
Yeah, I see them too. I assumed it was Shrine concept art and that those were just those really tall towers you see in a few of the screenshots but I'm not so sure now.
failedparachute
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by failedparachute »

I believe one of those bars is the Orbital Elevator that was once part of New Mombassa. The one on the left however, I think may be a signal to the Ark or whatever is buried beneath the sand.
ODST Epsilon
Data [Authenticated]

failedparachute wrote:I believe one of those bars is the Orbital Elevator that was once part of New Mombassa. The one on the left however, I think may be a signal to the Ark or whatever is buried beneath the sand.
The Mombasa elevator was out on the island of New Mombasa and it wasn't smooth like that.
mike g
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by mike g »

i thought they might by the covenant 'glassing' the earth, like they did to reach
ODST Epsilon
Data [Authenticated]

mike g wrote:i thought they might by the covenant 'glassing' the earth, like they did to reach
The Covenant achieve that by bombarding the planet with their main guns which would look like enormous blasts of plasma.
failedparachute
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by failedparachute »

I highly doubt that the Covenant would try and glass Earth, even though it's our homeworld, not with the Ark beneath our feet. The last thing the Covenant would want to do would be to damage such a sacred object, despite the fact that we humans were completely ignorant of it's existence and value before they showed up.
Air Sparrow Hawk
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Air Sparrow Hawk »

I agree, there is no way the Covenant would glass Earth with knowledge that a 'Sacred' Forerunner Artifact is buried somewhere on it.