Why are we focusing on AR? Why not the other.....

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

System Failure
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Why are we focusing on AR? Why not the other.....

Unread post by System Failure »

Now that cleared up, lets get a spekulatun. ;)

On a real note compound intelligence does imply that there is more than one being in AR as a whole. Maybe the superior is actually part of AR, just in a higher place within the hive mind. It almost makes me think of Cortana's copies in FS. They had to fight for control do do anything, and as time went on they got more and more unstable. She found the routine in the Covenant ship, and like anything else the software was probably of Forerunner origin. So i was thinking maybe, this battle between OAR and NAR is all just in his collective mind?
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

The "Facilitation of Array Requirements" is bugging me. We are all assuming that the "array" is the Halo array, because that is how we have heard the word used before. But in this instance, it could be referring to the Server Array, from Halo3.com. Remember that the first server had a few requirements in order to be unlocked: the countdown had to either end or stop (not sure) and ~100 people had to enter in their codes.
It's also interesting that OAR states "I have no requirements," and that the "[Array's requirements] are in flux (fluctuating, changing)," whereas the NAR states, "[AR's] matrix is accommodating my requirements," and that he does things "on [his] terms."
How can a Halo array's requirements be "in flux"? Basically, a reclaimer gets the index, puts it in the core, you turn on the key, ka-blammo, end of life. But the Server Array's requirements could be changing, due to attempts to unlock them by hacking (possibly of NAR's attempts to hack them open). Of course, here I am spekulatin' again.
atenz
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by atenz »

in one of the files from sever01, the array recorder data, it says the following

[<array-sdr.> 49 seconds]
Authorize -00-00-00-48-0999-
Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array
Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_
Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array
Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_{check}

Now why would we have to go through so many authorizations if all one had to do was stick in the key and boom were gone? but here is a theory by me, (thinking as i go) what if at one point there were more then 7 halos....like somewhere around 22? i KNOW its far fetched and most likely wrong but just think with me here.waht if the 15 halos we see that are activated, are actually smaller, and only take out a small fraction of the galaxy? what if when the halos were activated, they were destroyed, along with the flood on them. but the forerunner had thought ahead and made Seven Super halos, that after they were goine, if the flood came back, and reclaimer sought to destroy the flood completely, they could still do it with the Super Halos, effectively wiping out all sentient life. (just a theory, theres more too it but i dont know how to put it down.) feel free to whatever, just dont be too harsh, little speculation, and hey i may be right you never know, but its also most unlikely....
ODST Epsilon
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ODST Epsilon »

atenz wrote:in one of the files from sever01, the array recorder data, it says the following

Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_

Now why would we have to go through so many authorizations if all one had to do was stick in the key and boom were gone? but here is a theory by me, (thinking as i go) what if at one point there were more then 7 halos....like somewhere around 22? i KNOW its far fetched and most likely wrong but just think with me here.waht if the 15 halos we see that are activated, are actually smaller, and only take out a small fraction of the galaxy? what if when the halos were activated, they were destroyed, along with the flood on them. but the forerunner had thought ahead and made Seven Super halos, that after they were goine, if the flood came back, and reclaimer sought to destroy the flood completely, they could still do it with the Super Halos, effectively wiping out all sentient life. (just a theory, theres more too it but i dont know how to put it down.) feel free to whatever, just dont be too harsh, little speculation, and hey i may be right you never know, but its also most unlikely....
I don't think so. I'd say the overkill in terms of authorization is to make sure you're reeeeeeeeeeally sure you wanna reset the entire galaxy and to prevent an "Oh shit..." moment.
atenz
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by atenz »

60 seconds til they go off? yeah i think its time to NOT think about backing down from it. and besides the entity keeps talking about how they have no regrets over what there doing, and how its the last regret, of course you masy be right , i might want to think, twice about destroying an entire race of people before i hit the kill button....except for ants, and flies. i hate them with a passion no person can equal :evil:
S3NATOR
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by S3NATOR »

ii otnemem ii wrote:
S3NATOR wrote:
ii otnemem ii wrote: Compound Intelligence is a group of Bungie.net members that do the same thing we are doing here: discussing the ARG (albeit a little less intelligently, PER CAPITA). I am a member, too, but spend most time here rather than there... too many chilluns...
Them are fightin words if you ask me! Put em' up!

LOL!
... i tried to soften the blow as much as possible with the "PER CAPITA" part... but when every fourth post is "I am teh Adjumatanant Refuxxxorz, obey mE!!!11!!177!!", something is wrong.
Anywise, OAR initiated this whole game, and could be considered the "main character". We will see him develop more. That's what main characters do.
*sigh* Sorry for the offtopicness but you must have come to our forum at the wrong time. Those posts are always immediately dealt with and I haven't seen much spam at all in our forums like you say. The Halo3 forums on the other hand are spamtatstic.

On topic:
atenz wrote:in one of the files from sever01, the array recorder data, it says the following

It has been theorized that those 15 "Array Authorized" could be 7 Swords, 7 Shields, and 1 Ark. But thats just speculation.

S3N
atenz
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by atenz »

you know, that would make sence, but assuming that by activating the ark, there just beginning there travel, would they have time to proceed to their shield worlds to save themselves?
tygron
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by tygron »

I have a theory... what if a shield world is a universe.... in a way. The ark was activated and all human life was in a shield world we call the universe..... what if there is another world out there (in arg terms) that can comunicate to us that was there prieviously.... they built their tech inside our world so thats why we have the halo's and more shield worlds.... but there was never anything said about more than one shield world. Since there isn't a way to get out of the shield world (as far as we know) it could be the start of a new world every time..... meaning that kurt and the rest of them on onyx would have to.... nevermind you get the idea about the last part..... lol ;) .

Also i've been wondering why everyone says AdjutantReflex is back... well no crap he is, but it's not AR.... it's whoever the heck is controlling him.

OT: Has anyone noticed the resemblence of a teleporter inside the server. It just looks like an H2 tele to me. I saw that at first and started clicking away when I notice the video circle and it opened up. I expected to be teleported to some place (on screen) and have somethign new appear..... but all I got was a cruddy vid that i had to watch a few times to get the full message...... no i'm not insulting the vid or the arg... it just surprised me.
atenz
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by atenz »

lol i see your point, its a good theory, and goes well with others. and it would make sence that they were being shot off to another galaxy (universe seems too massive, lets keep it at galaxy 8-) ) and that they would have to repopulate, it even fits in with the ark, 2 by 2 they went onto the ark to there shield worlds, where they repopulated. but heres somthing else (thinking as i type, again....gotta stop doing this)

Wouldnt that mean that the Covenant and the Humans are BOTH the Forerunners? but the humans were of a higher caste then the covenant, which makes THEM the reclaimers and NOT the covenant...hmmmm seems to be a bit of jealousy on the covenant behalf if this is true....of course it could have just been the humans and prophets....after all the covenant arent just ONE race its a bunch of different races. and the prophets just got to them first....it would explain how the elites would know the human language, and for how the prophets got the tech and destroyed the elites first? well...i tihnk one little prophet snuck a few "trinkets" along on its voyage, to help remember the old ways, and to stop the humans...

once again, flame it if you want.
brizza28
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by brizza28 »

sounds too men in black ish