Suprising? Maybe a lead?

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Hun7er
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Suprising? Maybe a lead?

Unread post by Hun7er »

the jaggies at the sides of the speech bubble indicate computer voice (i think).

but regardless, yeah it's definately a translation of the forerunner language.
KLind
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by KLind »

Earlier in the story it says that the computer translates the voice
Hun7er
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Hun7er »

lol i forgot about that. i haven't read that story in a while (it's not my favorite part of the HGN- breaking quarantine is WAY better).
Pak
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Pak »

Unusual that so few words could convey such complex meaning. The symbols must either have individual parts that indicate different meaning or inflection, or the author just didnt care enough.
OneStraw
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by OneStraw »

Hmmm. Good analysis guy's. I'm rubbish at it.
But it looked interesting and I think considering nothing major has happened for a while then any possible link should be explored. :)
OneStraw
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by OneStraw »

Could we figure out which symbol meant what part of the speech? Maybe the middle symbol,. which is the most similar to AR's could mean "the ark" ?
3zz
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by 3zz »

Doesnt look like a solid lead to me. Its nice, but I think it might just be the artists using the wrong fontset.
Pak
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Pak »

OneStraw wrote:Could we figure out which symbol meant what part of the speech? Maybe the middle symbol,. which is the most similar to AR's could mean "the ark" ?
No one of those symbols is going to mean a specific noun. Three symbols that translate into a whole sentence worth of meaning must be very complex symbols.
PhoenixA1
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by PhoenixA1 »

I don't know if anyone will know what I'm talking about or not but there was a picture once that had a dark blue Africa silhouette on a lighter blue background. This pic had multiple text boxes pointing to different parts of Africa using the covie symbols. It also had translations for these symbols. One text box I remember says "Teach grunts to surf." I think it was on Halo 2 site which no longer exists...
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

Pak wrote:Unusual that so few words could convey such complex meaning. The symbols must either have individual parts that indicate different meaning or inflection, or the author just didnt care enough.
SPOILER!!!

in ghosts of onyx its said a few times that the forerunner symbols have multiple layers or something, i cant explain it, but basically 1 symbol can say a lot

also considering how old the HGN is ide say this isnt related to the arg. btw the spartan training story was my favorite

while ive got the ability i just want to go off topic and complain a bit that i feel the HGN was falsely advertised -
previus encounter with the flood - bullshit, was just an encounter that happened at the same time it happened for master chief
sgt johnson escaping halo - sure it showed johnson escaping the flood building, but not how he got away from halo before it exploded, i suppose the halo books explained that though.