Server 05 updated? Clicking/chirping

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

DjRS
Data [Conditional]

Re: Server 05 updated? Clicking/chirping

Unread post by DjRS »

Ahh... Very nice theory indeed :)

So this could actually just be a cheap copy of the original Server ?! ... Interresting.
Did we ever see the real Server or have we been mislead from the begining ?!
Predjudice
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Predjudice »

There's also the possibility that Bungie switched to a Linux based as opposed to Window's based server, and those the line break changes are not "in game".
I'm forced to admit this is a possibility I did not consider, but only for the idea that if we believe any events are "outside" of the game, it complicates the issue with the notion of "are we supposed to notice this", etc.

As to the "mistake" with the looped audio file, I think we're supposed to HEAR it, as opposed to deconstruct its composition, making it most likely a countdown, or something so mundane as an audible hand-in-hand with the post.
Since the popping is currently on an even timing, it would really just appear to be a flaw in the audio file. Alone, it would be easy to dismiss as a simple mistake on the creator's part. Combined with the other "flaws" in the page, it seems unlikely that a professional (especially one who made it "better" in the first place) could have so much wrong.

I don't think we're meant to believe that AR constructed the server 5 webpage as Bungie and Microsoft logos are all over it.
Indeed, whether we're supposed to consider anything with Bungie or MS logos on it as part of the game is open to debate. A lot of the clues lead between places obviously branded by logos and those without. However, if this is outside of the game, then it should not even be discussed here. We can only continue on the presumption that it is part of the game.

Adjutant Reflex seems the logical author of this server, simply because of his apparent connections to the Forerunners including his glyph avatar and the conicidential timing of his arrival into our midst. It would be nearly impossible to prove a direct connection though, and the logos do make it harder to argue in that way.

I think you're reading too much into the construction at the expense of the content.
Things have changed. Now that it has been displayed that the changes are minor, I am inclined to question why.
Xastabus
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Xastabus »

For those in doubt, I would like to throw in the following. First of all, this chirp doesn't sound like any loop glitch I've ever heard, it sounds quite deliberate. It sounds more like a piezoelectric speaker chirp like some smoke alarms do (combined with an LED that pulses about once ever 5-10 seconds, my parents have one).
Second, is the audio location. The chirp is definitely coming from the "vent port" of the "server" as I can verify it stays in one audio location when held in place so it's not tied to the ambient hum. The vent does produce a noise that sweeps between speakers as the server rotates, so one might think it's a loop glitch in the vent noise. However, listening closely to the chirp and the vent noise, I can clearly tell a patter in the noise that does not loop at the same time as the chirp.

I don't have the tools to do this, but anyone with some audio software might want to consider capturing the noise. There will be a spike in somewhere in the highband each time the chirp goes off. See if you can backup my claims scientifically.
S3NATOR
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by S3NATOR »

Another FYI. The server has changed from "Server 05 Open" to "Server Open". Someone is definitely messing with the server.

S3N
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Ibeechu »

Xastabus wrote:For those in doubt, I would like to throw in the following. First of all, this chirp doesn't sound like any loop glitch I've ever heard, it sounds quite deliberate. It sounds more like a piezoelectric speaker chirp like some smoke alarms do (combined with an LED that pulses about once ever 5-10 seconds, my parents have one).
Second, is the audio location. The chirp is definitely coming from the "vent port" of the "server" as I can verify it stays in one audio location when held in place so it's not tied to the ambient hum. The vent does produce a noise that sweeps between speakers as the server rotates, so one might think it's a loop glitch in the vent noise. However, listening closely to the chirp and the vent noise, I can clearly tell a patter in the noise that does not loop at the same time as the chirp.

I don't have the tools to do this, but anyone with some audio software might want to consider capturing the noise. There will be a spike in somewhere in the highband each time the chirp goes off. See if you can backup my claims scientifically.
I guess you didn't read DHalo's posts. He took the sound directly from the Flash file: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=588&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10
sarge2552
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by sarge2552 »

The server has changed from "Server 05 Open" to "Server Open".
uhh maybe its just my computer being dumb, but it still reads 'server 05 open' for me and it won't load....anyone else?? it could just be my computer....
YesIGrok
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by YesIGrok »

"Server Open" up here as well...
Scelus
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Scelus »

Try clearing your cache. That might be the reason.
3zz
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by 3zz »

Yep, looks like the new AR has been doing some refurbishing, only to what goal, I wonder.
Predjudice
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Predjudice »

Can we determine whether these changes have happened simultaneously or whether they are progressively happening? The answer may allow some further narrowing of options.