Server 05 updated? Clicking/chirping

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

SpartanSeraph
Data [Conditional]

Re: Server 05 updated? Clicking/chirping

Unread post by SpartanSeraph »

I can't access the server anymore. Everytime I go to the page, it fails to load. Anyone else having this? Is it supposed to happen or is my computer just messing up?
Kurk
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Kurk »

perhaps they're subtly trying to tell us to pay closer attention to the links that the chirping is loudest over.
spartan117
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by spartan117 »

i believe its a countdown...to the fourth.
Ryu
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Ryu »

Why do you think its a countdown to the 4th?

Is it cuz you think MS are dicks and would do something on the day that people go out?
Or do you have another reason?
spartan117
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by spartan117 »

on the server slide file 070107. in the file it has at the top right corner 070507.
maybe ms are being dicks. only those really committed would be able to know.
i guess.
i would do that.
Bungiewedgie
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Bungiewedgie »

Kurk wrote:perhaps they're subtly trying to tell us to pay closer attention to the links that the chirping is loudest over.
Well... The chirp is the loudest and both stereo speakers plays it equally on the left side of the "engine". By engine i mean the white area on the backside of the server with the little cubes. Since the manual movement of the server is jagged or "stepped" id say the point of intrest would be 4 +-1 steps to the left from the engine. I started counting from the point when the engine was showing equal amounts of its sides.
Predjudice
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Predjudice »

It's impossible to try and calculate anything from the angle the noise sounds "loudest". Everybody will have different speaker configurations and nobody will hear everything the same. For me the sound is loudest when the ports face towards me. You can't make any deductions from this when nobody can be relied upon to reproduce the same experience.
Bungiewedgie
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Bungiewedgie »

Predjudice wrote:It's impossible to try and calculate anything from the angle the noise sounds "loudest". Everybody will have different speaker configurations and nobody will hear everything the same. For me the sound is loudest when the ports face towards me. You can't make any deductions from this when nobody can be relied upon to reproduce the same experience.
Hmmm... Od. Im hearing it now a bit to more to the right. If your "port" and my "engine" mean the same then i agree with you. It is sounding more in sync there now.

Edit. Its sounds like its back again.... More to the left now than previously. Edit#2. Even more to the left. After about 12 h.
ckansers
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by ckansers »

in a poem by AR it says something along the lines of a heartbeat or a pulse. here it is
"Can you feel it?
Beating at the heart of the Universe.
Skin too thick to be sure.
It's alive though.
I'm certain.
What do I do with life?"

i think he implies that the object in server 5 is alive in a way and therefore is constantly changing. the chirp means the floating object is changing so either we be patient and wait to see what it does or we have to discover something else with the chirp ie the line that says " what so i do with life"
System Failure
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by System Failure »

You mean the chirp is like a pulse. That would make sense seeing the chirp and the post you quoted occurred around the same time. The thick skin could be the thick metal plating, and the "Universe" might be that the Forerunner servers has an untold amount of storage space. Maybe AR is the A.I. of the server, or is he hiding there.