Server 05 updated? Clicking/chirping

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

NateTheNewt
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Server 05 updated? Clicking/chirping

Unread post by NateTheNewt »

no its new, they dont just change things for no reason. if they were to do this it would throw us all off and screw up what they have already done. it means something and something will happen we just have to wait.
DjRS
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DjRS »

NateTheNewt wrote:
DjRS wrote:
NateTheNewt wrote:anyone got a stopwatch?
I do :)

Why ?
time the chirps... duh?
I did that... Check former pages ;)
EliteSniper177
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by EliteSniper177 »

hey you could be right about the pulse thing, AR just posted again saying:
Can you feel it?
Beating at the heart of the Universe.
Skin too thick to be sure.
It's alive though.
I'm certain.
What do I do with life?
so maybe thats him fighting back, or something else has awoken
Chainz
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Chainz »

:ugeek: A form of code, like morse code. Than again if it is its not like anything that I have come accost- its just a steady beat.
crymsonnite
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by crymsonnite »

i was thinking, maybe we should keep an eye on the array data side of the server, maybe another link will appear or one of the old links will give something else?
Scelus
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Scelus »

Has anyone tried overlaying the old images with the new ones, as we've already seen instances of small changes in files.
Predjudice
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Predjudice »

Amongst other things, the server's direction of rotation is now reversed. It used to spin counter-clockwise. Now it spins clockwise. It's observable when you see the "shutdown" of the video projector rotates counter-clockwise, a motion which used to return the server to a smooth rotating state, but now jerkily causes a sudden reversal of direction.

Personally, I don't think there's anything to be gained from this fact, but it's an observation none the less.

----------

I don't think there's any information hidden in the sound-byte either. The amount of information contained in the new data is simply too small to be able to decompress anything useful.

There appears to be two conclusions we can draw: data is either being removed selectively, or perhaps more plausibly, the server and it's contents have been re-built in some way, although not perfectly and what we're seeing are the small imperfections that have occured in this rebuild.

All the differences we're seeing are small and subtle, like the replacement of Win32 Line-breaks with Unix Line-breaks, the loss of some meta-data, the inclusion of this audio artifact and the lack of file extensions. If you were a new at creating these kinds of files, even with all the data put right in front of you, it's arguable you might make these kinds of mistakes.
DjRS
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DjRS »

Predjudice wrote:I don't think there's any information hidden in the sound-byte either. The amount of information contained in the new data is simply too small to be able to decompress anything useful.

There appears to be two conclusions we can draw: data is either being removed selectively, or perhaps more plausibly, the server and it's contents have been re-built in some way, although not perfectly and what we're seeing are the small imperfections that have occured in this rebuild.

All the differences we're seeing are small and subtle, like the replacement of Win32 Line-breaks with Unix Line-breaks, the loss of some meta-data, the inclusion of this audio artifact and the lack of file extensions. If you were a new at creating these kinds of files, even with all the data put right in front of you, it's arguable you might make these kinds of mistakes.
If the intention was to correct certain mistakes in the META-data and so forth...
Then It's highly unlikely that new mistakes would be add'et ... Don't you think ?!
Predjudice
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Predjudice »

If the intention was to correct certain mistakes in the META-data and so forth...
Then It's highly unlikely that new mistakes would be add'et ... Don't you think ?!
I do think it's unlikely, yes; we can reasonably eliminate the idea that the changes were made to correct mistakes based simply on the fact that most of the changes make the data less-correct, not more so. If somebody had intended to improve the information, they failed.

This leads to the logical conclusion that the entity making the changes did not want to improve the information, they must either want to make the information less useable or they have other motivations to change the server.

If their goal was to make the information less-useable, why make it just "less" useable. Why not remove it entirely?

If their goal was not to change the information, then we can only presume that something else has occured which has caused the data to become "damaged" or which required the server to be rebuilt. In the former case, information would be corrupted rather than selectively modified; portions of files would be missing or damage, considerably more than a small portion of an audio file. Furthermore meta-data would not change (it would be simply be damaged or missing) and line-breaks would not all be selectively replaced.

Logically, the data cannot be "damaged", since information is being changed selectively.

Due to the nature of the changes appearing as small "mistakes", it would appear that something with less-than perfect understanding of things like how to make audio files repeat properly, no comprehension of the differences between UNIX and Windows line-breaks, nor the significance of file extensions, has made an attempt to re-create the server. It also appears likely they were in a hurry as well as lacking attention to detail, as the server graphic rotates in the opposite direction to the original.

I can see no other immediately logical explanation for what we are seeing.

I can only speculate as to who or what may have performed this action. If this server was created by Adjutant Reflex, it stands to reason that the server was accessible by the entity now controlling it's matrix. Assuming no others exist with the ability to manipulate the server, it also stands to reason this entity acted on the server.

Motivations for this are beyond reasonable speculation.
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Dalthanas »

There's also the possibility that Bungie switched to a Linux based as opposed to Window's based server, and those the line break changes are not "in game". As to the "mistake" with the looped audio file, I think we're supposed to HEAR it, as opposed to deconstruct its composition, making it most likely a countdown, or something so mundane as an audible hand-in-hand with the post.
I don't think we're meant to believe that AR constructed the server 5 webpage as Bungie and Microsoft logos are all over it. I think you're reading too much into the construction at the expense of the content.