Those Glyphs

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Phydaux
Data [Conditional]

Those Glyphs

Unread post by Phydaux »

I hope I'm not retreading other discussions but...
MulletedOne wrote:Image
Using MulletedOne's image, I think that the glyphs mean the following:
AdjutantReflex/Ark, Server 1, Server 2
Server 3, Server 4, Server 5

I think that the current server(206.16.223.63) that is unlocked is Server 1 (as Halo3.com states). The glyph in server 1's continent select screen is also on the "back" of the rotating object:
There also appears to be the other 4 server glyphs on the back but they are not lit. (They are also in the order 1-5 that I suggest above.)

StarImage1 has a glyph that I assume to mean Server 5. That along with the title of server 1 being "Server 5 Open" I think is a clue that we may already have the information necessary to unlock Server 5. What that is I don't know! :P
Lichtonatus
Facilitator [Conditional]

Re: Those Glyphs

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

Nice catch but I'm fairly sure we've already got a thread going on this. in fact, i think the server is where we got most of those glyphs
sarge2552
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by sarge2552 »

any1 noticed the special stuff on AR's glyph and the StarImage1 glyph
AR's has a circle instead of a dot and StarImage glyph has no short arm
mayb im looking too far into it....
System Failure
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by System Failure »

any1 noticed the special stuff on AR's glyph and the StarImage1 glyph
AR's has a circle instead of a dot and StarImage glyph has no short arm
mayb im looking too far into it....
Yeah some1 mentioned that in another thread in this forum. They referred to about how AR said something along the lines of "what will lift me from the darkness to the heavens". He said it was to represent that the shield worlds were open initially, and when they closed they all had an exit vector once they were reopened. Therefore beings that were saved were transported by the slipspace field to planets further from the Flood.
HardwareHeretic404
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by HardwareHeretic404 »

Woah, woah, wait a second. Didn't a couple of those Server glyphs appear elsewhere? I remember seeing the Server 5 glyph on that Halo3.com visor image, and the StarImage glyph on the Emotion picture. I don't know how those are related, but I smell a link.

On a side note, those glyphs look like clocks to me. Rotating, "realigning?"

HH404
System Failure
Data [Authenticated]

HardwareHeretic404 wrote:Woah, woah, wait a second. Didn't a couple of those Server glyphs appear elsewhere? I remember seeing the Server 5 glyph on that Halo3.com visor image, and the StarImage glyph on the Emotion picture. I don't know how those are related, but I smell a link.

On a side note, those glyphs look like clocks to me. Rotating, "realigning?"

HH404
Hmm that seems likely. If you look at the Glyph only the outer rim moves. The rest is stationary, almost like it is a systems sweep before a firing of some sort. I like the realigning idea though, maybe it coincides with the position of the ark (main circle) to a satellite installation ( the small circle on the "stick") maybe it shows the relation of Earth to the moon, and the optimal positioning (if moon is used as a "satellite" dish) for connection with the rest of the system. Ideas?
katai-te
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by katai-te »

I like the rotating/aligning theory. Their center's are the same.
katai-te
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by katai-te »

http://img294.imageshack.us/my.php?image=glyphsbf1.png
Look what happened when I layered them on top of each other. I'm too lazy to try and figure it out right now, what do you make of it? They are colored to show placement. And look how the short arm of the AR/ark glyph is filled in by the last glyph.
JustAHunch
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by JustAHunch »

I guess the monitors seem to line up with the glyph:

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/5788 ... 8rttf3.png
System Failure
Data [Authenticated]

HHm that overlay is interesting. There are five outer rings, one large ring ans one central ring. This is seven so maybe this is something. Maybe it is what me and what Hardware said. Maybe it is a systems check that realigns certain parts of the system after eons of drift. Maybe it is the firing sequence of the Halo system. Seeing at how the fail safe goes on after two rings are neutralized, the other two rings might serve as back ups to the main set of 5.
And this is more ranting, after seeing how the circle of life and the Halo 3 announce trailer sync up, and the most important part of the world is Africa, maybe the circle in the dead center of the Glyph is the "Circle of Life". In the beginning it is open and life can continue freely, but when the Halo system kills large swaths of life. The resulting disease and death brought upon my the mass murder would disrupt the circle, and collapse it until later.
Or it might just mean when the system is activated, all the shield worlds ( inner circle protected by outer ring an broken inner ring) are closed.