Repeating patterns in StarImage1

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

3of9
Arbiter

Re: Repeating patterns in starmap

Unread post by 3of9 »

reaperdude42 wrote: I can only assume that you would make a fake image of a star field if you wanted it to look like a view of space from somewhere that is not earth. That being the case does anyone have any idea where the star field could be a view from...?
Considering the previous evidence that this starfield was used in Starry Night... the view is from Reach.
However, this could simply be due to someone recycling materials sent to DD for use in the commercial.
nismo634
Data [Conditional]

Re: Repeating patterns in StarImage1

Unread post by nismo634 »

I HIGHLY doubt it was an artifact that the artist neglected to see. This is an ARG. Just as in ilovebees, every detail was carefully constructed and played out. If you sit down and think about ow much work and detail it took to plan out ilovebees, it kinda of blows your mind. having the numbers for all the payphones, GPS coordinates, coordinating the timing of the events at their correct moments, etc. Thats no easy task my friend.
just as in this ARG, every detail will be gone over. and I HIGHLY doubt, that the creator of this image, would do something as stupid to make a mistake for an ARG related to one of the biggest realesing video games of the year.
wrap your head around that
Pak
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Pak »

nismo634 wrote:I HIGHLY doubt it was an artifact that the artist neglected to see. This is an ARG. Just as in ilovebees, every detail was carefully constructed and played out. If you sit down and think about ow much work and detail it took to plan out ilovebees, it kinda of blows your mind. having the numbers for all the payphones, GPS coordinates, coordinating the timing of the events at their correct moments, etc. Thats no easy task my friend.
just as in this ARG, every detail will be gone over. and I HIGHLY doubt, that the creator of this image, would do something as stupid to make a mistake for an ARG related to one of the biggest realesing video games of the year.
Why not? Perhaps the star image isn't that important. After all, parts of it are cloned in no yet observed pattern. As far as I'm concerned that implies the artist wasn't too heavily concerned with the appearance and that the significance of the image is not necessarily in the pixels but in the idea the image represents. To this point we have not been able to find any significant patterns within the picture itself aside from those three lines in photoshop. It is also possible that this game isn't as in depth as ilovebees. After all, it isn't by the same people. My point here is mostly that a single speck does not warrant so much interest until it can be tied to another part of the game. When people obsess over a detail too much they manufacture their own connections, that is what happened with that one phone number.
glyph
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by glyph »

nismo634 wrote:knowing that bungie crafted this image their own, means that EVERYTHING we see, is in the for a reason. that thing at the top right is there for a reason.
It also appears to be bigger and longer than any other object found on the map.
My guess is that StarImage1 is a piece to a map that will be made with other starmaps in the other servers. and perhaps we will find a meaning to what the symbols mean as well and will decode the map.
So there
that's what I was thinking. Something like the blueprints from "Contact"
Space Marine
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Space Marine »

I agree with Pak,
It is clear that the photo was manufactured and edited perhaps to hide a clue, but, it could be just another tidbit to the story. From what ive seen of this ARG so far, most of it has been finding easter eggs to tell a story and not so much riddles to be answered. Unfortunate, but that might change soon, this could just be a warmup...

But as for the top right corner HAVING to be something, or anything found in the star field for that matter, i doubt it. Its probably just another part of the story that will be told reguardless...
3of9
Arbiter

Unread post by 3of9 »

nismo634 wrote:I HIGHLY doubt it was an artifact that the artist neglected to see. This is an ARG. Just as in ilovebees, every detail was carefully constructed and played out. If you sit down and think about ow much work and detail it took to plan out ilovebees, it kinda of blows your mind. having the numbers for all the payphones, GPS coordinates, coordinating the timing of the events at their correct moments, etc. Thats no easy task my friend.
This is the exact reason I made this post. We've seen some significant oversights and underestimating of the general populous who has interest in the Iris campaign. There have been several mistakes that have revealed to us information significantly ahead of time, as well as other evidence showing that much of the materials in the campaign were outsourced. This leaves room for errors. 42Entertainment did I Love Bees. They're professionals at this. Microsoft is undertaking this internally. As far as I know, this is their first attempt.
glyph
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by glyph »

3of9 wrote:
This is the exact reason I made this post. We've seen some significant oversights and underestimating of the general populous who has interest in the Iris campaign. There have been several mistakes that have revealed to us information significantly ahead of time, as well as other evidence showing that much of the materials in the campaign were outsourced. This leaves room for errors. 42Entertainment did I Love Bees. They're professionals at this. Microsoft is undertaking this internally. As far as I know, this is their first attempt.
agreed. I'll put this in about whether or not it's MS alone: All the servers are microsoft servers. However, someone took a name from something deep online and found a connection to an agency that has Microsoft as a client. I can't remember for the life of me where or who, so I know that sounds like useless drivel, but I checked it out myself and it was fairly solid. It wasn't 42, either.
Scelus
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Scelus »

Pak wrote:
Why not? Perhaps the star image isn't that important. After all, parts of it are cloned in no yet observed pattern. As far as I'm concerned that implies the artist wasn't too heavily concerned with the appearance and that the significance of the image is not necessarily in the pixels but in the idea the image represents. To this point we have not been able to find any significant patterns within the picture itself aside from those three lines in photoshop. It is also possible that this game isn't as in depth as ilovebees. After all, it isn't by the same people. My point here is mostly that a single speck does not warrant so much interest until it can be tied to another part of the game. When people obsess over a detail too much they manufacture their own connections, that is what happened with that one phone number.
Yes, "random" sections have been cloned. But think of this; Why would they make almost all of it randomly placed dots, and have a few small sections cloned? If it was the artist being lazy, one would assume that they would either be closer together, or you would see many cloned spaces. To otherwise clone a single, irregular space would take a lot more work as he would have to ensure that they fit perfectly, without cutting off surrounding stars.

I'm going to go with the belief that there are to be more StarImage(s) and we will eventually see a pattern emerge.
Arkane
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Arkane »

My theory is that they deliberately cloned a section to stop people wasting huge amounts of time trying to match this up to a real location (either present day or 100,000 years ago).

This proves that the image was created.

For the same reason, I think the object in the top right hand corner is important. It was put there deliberately, for a reason.
Roaringram
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Roaringram »

hm well i'm gonna say that it's a safe bet to say that the image is photoshoped... especially after i put the image in notepad and found photoshop written all over it:
xap:CreatorTool>Adobe Photoshop CS2 Macintosh</xap:CreatorTool>
along with
Adobe Photoshop CS2 Macintosh 2007:05:15 18:39:48

i also found a bunch of website addresses and whatnot but none of them seemed to be anything good... i dunno if any of this helps anyone, but i thought i'd give it a shot.