3 of 5 Symbols [updated with 5of5 + AR's]

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

noirhawk
Data [Conditional]

3 of 5 Symbols [updated with 5of5 + AR's]

Unread post by noirhawk »

Some symbols I found. The first one is obvious, the second is from the star image and the third is from the country selection screen on server 05. Any relevance?

[EDIT] I've been informed that I rotated the first one, sorry, it's supposed to look like these
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=100
Upon looking at the pictures above I've realised that the one on the MC's visor is actually the third of the three that I posted, not the first.

[EDIT: changed to a link as it's not as in depth as the pictures below.] - http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e233/ ... 1182480642
For those who havn't seen everything the other two symbols are from the following.
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h222/ ... Image1.jpg
AND
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e233/ ... ymbol2.jpg

[UPDATE 1:]
MulletedOne wrote:Image

There's all the glyphs I can make out on the 3D server thing plus AR's glyph. There's a pattern here.
[UPDATE 2:]
Rainstorm1031 wrote:Ok, I animated the glpyhs this time in hopes of finding something...

I hope I am just missing that something...

Anyone see anything?
[UPDATE 3:]
Rainstorm1031 wrote:
C-Ledge wrote:What would it look like if you animated it without the AR symbol?
This:
Last edited by noirhawk on Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:38 am, edited 9 times in total.
KMS
Data [Conditional]

Re: 3 of 5 Symbols

Unread post by KMS »

Nice job on cleaning them up and making them viewable!

The only thing I can think of is, that the second two images mark a location of some sorts, a planet, or (based off of a previously mentioned theory) a flood containment zone. Of what, we can only speculate.

Regards,
KMS
Rainstorm1031
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Rainstorm1031 »

I wonder if there is a link between the symbols and the stellar coordinates that Dr. Halsey found that lead the Covenant to Earth, Reach, and Halo 04.

Perhaps?
Dundradal
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Dundradal »

Halsey's mentions in GoO that forerunner script has multiple layers of meaning and I think these glyphs definitely fit into this category. I think we need more of a context though to unravel them.
Rainstorm1031
Data [Authenticated]

They remind me of those puzzles you see on like the ACT ot SAT tests...

You know, the puzzles that show you three symbols, and then have to pick the next logical symbol in a multiple choice format?
Oshovah
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Oshovah »

I guess I'm slow or something, but I'm not sure what the first one is. It looks like the symbol from AdjutantReflex's original Bungie.net avatar (and other places) rotated, but why would you rotate it?

Anyway, the second and third symbols represent two different servers. As you can see, they are variations on AR's avatar. Each is divided into five parts by lines sticking out from the center, pointing outwards. Each server symbol has a different section missing between two adjacent lines and a circle on the end of the leftmost of those lines. To elaborate, the second glyph would be Server #5 and the third would be Server #1 (assuming the count starts where a clock would and goes clockwise). So, Server #2 would have the next section of the outermost circle missing.

This seems like the correct convention for these symbols too me anyway. I'm probably not the first to mention it though.
Rainstorm1031
Data [Authenticated]

Oshovah wrote:I guess I'm slow or something, but I'm not sure what the first one is. It looks like the symbol from AdjutantReflex's original Bungie.net avatar (and other places) rotated, but why would you rotate it?
Now that you mention it, it is rotated...

Here is the image from Wikibruce's Iris wiki page:

wolfiejr
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by wolfiejr »

Nice job on this!
C-Ledge
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by C-Ledge »

Nice work. Something about the order struck me as funny though.

Is it just me, or does there seem to be a progression (possibly missing a stage or two) when they are reordered and rotated to match?

Edit: Of course my Photoshop skills are so elementary that, by the time I posted this, Oshova had already figured this out. :)
Attachments
reordered.gif
reordered.gif (6.79 KiB) Viewed 15197 times
Last edited by C-Ledge on Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
noirhawk
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by noirhawk »

I didn't realise it was rotated, now that I look at the other symbols I see what you mean; it is the AR avatar though.