3 of 5 Symbols [updated with 5of5 + AR's]

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

_ZD
Data [Undefined]

Re: 3 of 5 Symbols [updated with 5of5 + AR's]

Unread post by _ZD »

urk wrote:Oh, and here's my interpretation of the glyph's meaning. Take with a planetary body of sodium.

The original glyph represents IRIS. It was chosen by Adjutant Reflex, a facilitator of the array, and labeled as Chrysopteron.gif. Chrysopteron is an epitaph for Iris.

And what is IRIS? Well, I think it's safe to assume at this point that it is part of the Ark system. We all understand the connections and allusions offered by the Biblical reference. The Ark is used to endure the Flood. It is a safe haven.

In terms of the Halo array though, we know that there is no safe haven. Not within the effective radius. This is where I believe Iris comes in.

"Who is the path of light from blackest Earth to brilliant heaven?"

Iris.

The central circle in the original glyph is some type of containment technology. When Iris is activated, the circle is moved to the outer edges of the glyph, and finally, it is connected with the short, central segment, which then extends outward, outside of the glyphs outermost circle, which is shown no longer whole, or open.

I believe this is the theorized "reseeding" process being activated. The small, central circle is the Ark, perhaps a Dyson Sphere, perhaps the segmented, wireframe globe seen in the most recent transmission. It contains the seeds of new life. The last hope. And Iris is the path, the extended segment, taking the Ark and its contents from "blackest Earth" (Hell/Flood Infestation) to "brilliant heaven" (literally, the heavens, or Salvation).

Where the interim stage glyphs fit, I don't know. Perhaps multiple Arks are being sent to multiple destinations. Perhaps this would explain the different species scattered about the Galaxy who seemed to have survived and endured.

I'd also like to point out an interesting thing that Mr. Vociferous pointed out to me over at GAF. If this theory is correct, then the Covenant are actually nearly correct in their ideas. The Halo array is meant to be used as a catalyst for a Great Journey and it was provided as a means for Salvation. The term the prophets use is "unworlding." The only part they missed is that it is only to be used as a last resort, and even then, they've missed the central components, the Ark and IRIS, rendering their Salvation nothing but fruitless destruction.

Sorry so long, kids. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

You may also note that we've seen the system firing. Quite the path of light
Hmm, I think you may be on to something there. One thing I wanted to add/speculate:

I believe the first image (AR's first avatar) is the earth/ark in it's current state. Nothing special about that.

Then, we proceed to the Server 05 image with the circle directly up (North). As you mentioned, I believe this could signify a "transportation" of some sort of the ark into a safe place, away from the firing.

Well, falling back on the biblical references, once the ark set out, it wasn't simply done and return immediately. No, it was on water for 40 days/nights. So I'm thinking perhaps the remaining 4 positions of the circle (ark) outside the outer ring symbolizes the "journey", or passing of time that occurs before it's finally safe to return. After all, one would assume the Flood wouldn't simply die right away once their food is dead. I'm sure it'd be a process.

Just a thought...thanks for sparking my imagination. ;)
C-Ledge
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by C-Ledge »

Van Helsing wrote:However in your diagram, they do match rather well. -i.e. the distance between the inner and outer circles on both seem to fit with each other,
That's kind of my point. I'm well aware they they are concentric circles, but that doesn't mean that the three circles would all have the same radii. That being said, I realize that it may just be a coincidence, but since there seems to be nothing else going on with the ARG right now, I figured I might as well bring up something new for discussion. :)
_ZD
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by _ZD »

Has there been any speculation as to what the floating/rotating object on Server 1/5 is? I've not seen any and I can't help but feel as though we will eventually learn it's true nature/origin...
Zero
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Zero »

_ZD wrote:Has there been any speculation as to what the floating/rotating object on Server 1/5 is? I've not seen any and I can't help but feel as though we will eventually learn it's true nature/origin...
It might be locking into place after we unlock each server.
shyataroo
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by shyataroo »

http://www.microsoft.com/games/3355C014 ... /shell.swf thats the strange floating thing in 206.16.223.61 if anyone has adobe flash, maybe they can clue us into what we are supposed to do with it.
C-Ledge
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by C-Ledge »

shyataroo wrote:http://www.microsoft.com/games/3355C014 ... /shell.swf thats the strange floating thing in 206.16.223.61 if anyone has adobe flash, maybe they can clue us into what we are supposed to do with it.
Actually, the rotating thing is in here. http://www.microsoft.com/games/3355C014 ... h/main.swf
Scelus
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Scelus »

I don't know if this has been mentioned previously, but most people keep saying AR is the monitor of the Ark. I'm just wondering how "he" could possibly have been out-ranked? Can't imagine many things with a job more important than that.

Perhaps he could have meant out-ranked as in, rankings indicating strength, and since he was hacked, the invading entity is stronger, and thus, "out-ranks" him?

Just a little somehting I was curious about.
Pak
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Pak »

Scelus wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned previously, but most people keep saying AR is the monitor of the Ark. I'm just wondering how "he" could possibly have been out-ranked? Can't imagine many things with a job more important than that.

Perhaps he could have meant out-ranked as in, rankings indicating strength, and since he was hacked, the invading entity is stronger, and thus, "out-ranks" him?

Just a little somehting I was curious about.
No, he mentions that he is outranked, but also that the other entity is stronger, regardless of rank. This implies the two are not directly related.
VectorScalar
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by VectorScalar »

When I first saw the rotating images, all I could think of was the moon orbiting the Earth. Doesn't that little circle look like it is orbiting periodically? The outer ring looks to 'protect' access to the two inner pockets. During certain phases the 'shield' opens, bu the rest of the time it is closed.

Also-on the SOTA membership PDF (linked to in another thread), it says they review membership applications every new lunar cycle.
MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by MulletedOne »

Hmm, interesting connection.

Oh and I updated my Glyph diagram so it has the dots instead of circles in the center.