Countdown Discussion

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

HardwareHeretic404
Data [Conditional]

Countdown Discussion

Unread post by HardwareHeretic404 »

At exactly 12:00 AM China Standard Time (That's GMT+8, or 4:00 PM Greenwich Mean Time), the countdown on http://206.16.223.65/ ran to 0. I recorded the event with screen capture software and my camera. YouTube video will be up soon (personally I expected something to happen with a bang... but oh well)

Edit: Something has changed yet again. I opened http://206.16.223.65/ up in another tab just to make sure I wasn't dreaming, and the countdown ran down from 001 115 001 to 000 000 000 super fast. But now the timer has refreshed to another setting - 032 106 010 - around another month of waiting! What's worse is, the timer is going extremely slowly - it changes maybe once or twice every minute. Is something big going to happen in the next month (or few months, judging from the slow pace), or is AdjutantReflex/Bungie/Iris/Whatever is in control of the countdown playing with us? I feel excited, relieved, yet slightly disappointed at the same time.

Moderator notice: Coutdown Discussions have been merged for consolidation.

-Coweh
Last edited by HardwareHeretic404 on Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Systema Eterna
Data [Conditional]

Re: THE COUNTDOWN IS OVER!

Unread post by Systema Eterna »

Did anything happen?
the new one
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by the new one »

ya, same here in sg, but nth's happening.. yet.

now clock just kinda.. pause there.

EDIT: oh ya, mine stopped at a few secs before 12, that is compared to my computer clock.
mike g
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by mike g »

its going quite fast but its still got about a day and abit on mine
is you computer set to the right time?
HardwareHeretic404
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by HardwareHeretic404 »

@System Eterna:
Unfortunately, nothing happened. I left CamStudio running while I took a bath and came back to find the countdown nearing zero, so I took out my camera and recorded just in case CamStudio failed. I expected something like a video clip or a message to appear, but the timer just went to 0 and stayed there. Another tab to http://206.16.223.65/ showed the clock speeding extremely fast from a previous "checkpoint" to zero, then reverting to the current state and just staying there. The message didn't even change.

@the new one:
sg as in Singapore or somewhere else? I admit this is kind of disappointing. Maybe the frozen clock points to some other date or number. Maybe we should convert it from base 7 to decimal. I'm sure SOMETHING happened SOMEWHERE, though, and it's up to us to find it.

Edit: @mike g:
I'm in Shanghai, although the countdown should show the same for everyone. Maybe it's configured especially for America. We'll have to wait and see until the time runs out at your end.

HH404
Last edited by HardwareHeretic404 on Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the new one
Data [Authenticated]

wait, you're telling me it's still moving?

and i thought flash just.. paused.. due to cache or sth.

yes, as in singapore.
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

perhaps theyre just waiting for everyone ellse to catch up, i mean the timer is probably only accurate for peaple in america - something will happen im sure

on a sidenote i remember someone making a joke "imagine how much it would suck if the timer ended and another longer timer came up" - i hope thats not whats happening
Systema Eterna
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Systema Eterna »

The reason it paused it because it will not resume until it's within 32 Minutes of June 20th Midnight.
urk
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by urk »

It's a "Transmission Log." The counter's expiration may not activate anything at all. It's simply a display. What it is counting toward could occur anywhere.
the new one
Data [Authenticated]

oh ya, now the timer drops whenever i hit refresh.. :/