New AR Post! (As of 6/18/2007)

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Re: New AR Post! (As of 6/18/2007)

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

It has been stated that this whole ordeal will be revealing H3 secrets and Halo storyline...why are we talking about Durandal? Try to keep in mind that these events are occuring 500 years before the Halo timeline, so everything we know needs to be reevaluated. From Gravemind's speech we can assume that he has been around for probably around the 100 thousand year timeline, but we also know that he is still confined to installation 05 in halo 2, so he hasn't gone anywhere, and he hasn't taken over the Forerunner network. I don't think it's him.
NateTheNewt
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by NateTheNewt »

Dundradal wrote:Good point. He may not be an AI, but he has access to both Cortana and 2401 PT. Which he could probably use to his own ends, and an alliance with Cortana could be shaky.
did i miss something? i dont remeber seeing anything from 2401 or Cortana...
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Gravemind was physically holding on to 2401PT, and Cortana can't go anywhere but High Charity. Plus it has been stated that Cortana is in the clutches of the Gravemind.
Dundradal
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Dundradal »

He has not been able to get himself and the Flood off of Delta Halo, but we have seen that he does have access to the teleportation network, we can infer that he must have some control over the over parts of the installation.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

No, he got off Delta Halo and onto High Charity, but High Charity can't go anywhere because the Forerunner ship was taken by Truth.
Dundradal
Data [Conditional]

I'm not sure if he's on High Charity, we do see the flood start to take over the city, but as we seen in the HGN they are building up biomass for a Gravemind possibly?

I don't think just because we hear his voice on High Charity that he is there physically.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

At the end of Halo 2 you see a video after the credits of Cortana on High Charity in this room, Gravemind's tentacles come through the door and he talks to her.
Dundradal
Data [Conditional]

I understand that, but I don't think flood "tentacles" is enough to confirm that Gravemind is off Delta Halo. He has control of both, but I don't think he's moved his biomass off Delta Halo, yet.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

The only reason we assume so is because Gravemind is the only thing we've seen with tentacles of that size, much bigger even than the juggernaut. And he was talking to Cortana in the room. She was looking at something that was off camera.
Cha0sReborn
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Cha0sReborn »

Whether or not Gravemind actually got off Delta Halo and onto High Charity is irrelevant, considering that won't happen until 545 years from now. :P It does remain unclear whether Gravemind has access to Halo's teleportation grid on his own or whether he's using 2401 to do it.

If it's the former, we must assume that he somehow has access to certain Forerunner systems, even in the depths of Delta Halo, and so it's possible he could be influencing AR somehow through that network even now. If the latter... Well, it seems much less likely, although technically we don't know how long he had 2401 in his possession for... But having him for 500 years seems like a stretch.