Space Elevator Wreckage and distance

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

Onebitrocket
Data [Conditional]

Space Elevator Wreckage and distance

Unread post by Onebitrocket »

I was watching the announcement trailer this morning and having taken in all the ongoings of the past few weeks. Voi in particular.

I'm assuming the structure in the trailer is at Voi. Voi is about 90 miles from New Mombassa.

Now, in the trailer there is a lot of wreckage from the space elevator. How did this wreckage fall this far from New Mombassa?

Only thing I don't know is how tall the space elevator is. Maybe the slipspace blast had enough force to throw peices of the tower that far out?
echelon3
Data [Conditional]

Re: Space Elevator Wreckage and distance

Unread post by echelon3 »

When you start the bridge level in H2, Metropolis I believe, you can see the bottom part of the space elevator before it goes into the clouds. That gives you a real sense of how big it is jus b/c of the thickness. Plus, although I'm only going on what I've learned from Halo literature and the like, when the Shaw-Fujikiwa Slipspace engines enter slipspace, they need to have enough force to rip the space-time fabric. and even in 2552 they admit they have almost no clue how it works. I do know that they use a type of radiation to power it. But all of that is the human slipspace engines. The Covenant ones are far more powerful and precise, although I'm pretty sure the force needed to rip space-time is the same. Think of a sheet of fabric for a sec. take ur fist and punch it in the middle until it rips (see, a lot of force needed, unless you have kleenex lol). when it rips, whoever is holding the fabric will feel you go through it. that is because the shockwave ripples through. When Regret's ship jumped, surprisingly there was no explosion that destroyed New Mombassa. What caused the destruction was that gravitational shockwave. (think of space-time fabric as a trampoline;put a bowling ball on itand it bends the fabric.roll a tennis ball onto the trampoline and the tennis ball will roll towards the bowling ball because the bowling balls bend is bigger than the tennis balls. Essentially, space-time fabric defines gravity) when that gravitational shockwave occured it was like a mega super ultra blast from the Half-Life 2 Gravity Gun. Anything caught in the shockwave would get propelled backwards as far as the shockwave went, which I am guessing is pretty far. Hope that clears it up. Either that or I really confused you with all the physics.