*NOTE*Similarites W/ Left Server Pg Bckg and H2 Walls,Floors

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

echelon3
Data [Conditional]

*NOTE*Similarites W/ Left Server Pg Bckg and H2 Walls,Floors

Unread post by echelon3 »

I've noticed a couple people posting that the background on the left sideof the server page, mainly servers 4+5, look similar to this place or that place. And to this I would like to mention that that design style is a common theme with Forerunner objects. It's one of the ways we can look at something and go 'Hey, thats a Forerunner Artifact!' They all look very similar with slight differences, some more than others. The only one that comes really close is the MP map Desolate. I jus wanted to point out though that it's all personal opinion in some cases. One person may think one map pattern looks the same while someone else thinks another one does. IMO, i really don't think it matters because they are all Forerunner patterns and are gonna look the same no matter how you look at it. If you don't understand what I mean check out the maps Waterworks, Containment, Sanctuary, Backwash, Relic, and pretty much any other ones that have to do with the Forerunners (i.e.-Headlong and Turf won't have any on cuz they're on earth).
Please don't misinterpret me and think that the background doesn't matter. Someone pointed out to me in another thread that in Servers 1+2+3 the background lines up almost perfectly with a H3 wallpaper (when sized correctly OC) and you can even make out the chiefs helmet without having to overlay it. I'm not sure if that means anything, but what I am almost positive about is that whoever made the server page took that wallpaper and used it as a background, maybe using it as a clue, and 'meshed' it with a stock forerunner background. The reason for meshing with a stock forerunner background is to give it that Overall Halo feel and to detract from the wallpaper. When first seen, most ppl would just see a Forerunner image that fades right to left, black to image, respectively. Forgive me for rambling, but i jus wanted to make that clear and i also wanted to prevent people from wasting time trying to figure out a dead end.(we're probly gonna end up sifting through millions anyway, jus tryin to lighten the load)
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Re: *NOTE*Similarites W/ Left Server Pg Bckg and H2 Walls,Floors

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

i hear ya, its just interesting that they would go through the effort of makingsomething fade like that, i feel its worth looking into everything that seems odd in case a symbol is spotted but i get what your saying aswell
echelon3
Data [Conditional]

Re: *NOTE*Similarites W/ Left Server Pg Bckg and H2 Walls,Floors

Unread post by echelon3 »

sharpsniper99 wrote:i hear ya, its just interesting that they would go through the effort of makingsomething fade like that, i feel its worth looking into everything that seems odd in case a symbol is spotted but i get what your saying aswell
well what im thinkin is that the reason they went through the effort of fading it because if it was jus the background, the background would be a lot easier to spot also with any symbols. By fading it with a familiar image, it looks like an image that fades from black to the image, with nothing in the black area. Only by looking closely do u see the symbol.