ar speaks again

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

mike g
Data [Authenticated]

Re: ar speaks again

Unread post by mike g »

the general concensus on other forums is that WE have to find a way of opening the servers on halo3.com
the name of the thread 'stop it' implies that either weve got to stop something or weve got to stop spmething else from doin something
lol, wat a conundrum ;)
Boston_Will
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Boston_Will »

mike g wrote:the general concensus on other forums is that WE have to find a way of opening the servers on halo3.com
the name of the thread 'stop it' implies that either weve got to stop something or weve got to stop spmething else from doin something
lol, wat a conundrum ;)
Hmmmm yes very true, it would be too easy for a Server to suddenly open. I wonder what we have to do????

Side note of sudden thought - This game being set in 2007, we may have reached a cartain level of technological knowledge whereby the forerunner monitor can tell us we are reclaimers, and thats what AR is trying to achieve, however, something happens during the game to deny us of this knowledge?
FrenzyTheKillbot
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by FrenzyTheKillbot »

DaFreak wrote:
AR wrote:I can retain integrity for at least 22 hours. Rerouting bandwidth to deflect assault.
I guess this means we have to work fast?
or perhaps it's part of the game and AR is suposed to lose his integrity. This proves AR is digital i guess (maybe with a physical form). He is being compromised by a covenant AI?

If the game is happening in our time that doesn't make allot of sense. Perhaps he is being hacked by the governement? :p
The being hacked by the government thing isn't that bad an idea. I remember reading a bunch of HBO story page articles stating that ONI seemed to know a lot about the Forerunners and Halos before being discovered in the first game. What if the current-day ONI predecessors found out about AR and are now trying to virtually beat the crap out of him to find out about the Forerunners. It would explain why in the Halo timeline nobody was warned about the upcoming threat (if that indeed is his purpose).
endejas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by endejas »

[quote="FrenzyTheKillbot"]
Plasmoe
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Plasmoe »

FrenzyTheKillbot wrote:
DaFreak wrote:
AR wrote:I can retain integrity for at least 22 hours. Rerouting bandwidth to deflect assault.
I guess this means we have to work fast?
or perhaps it's part of the game and AR is suposed to lose his integrity. This proves AR is digital i guess (maybe with a physical form). He is being compromised by a covenant AI?

If the game is happening in our time that doesn't make allot of sense. Perhaps he is being hacked by the governement? :p
The being hacked by the government thing isn't that bad an idea. I remember reading a bunch of HBO story page articles stating that ONI seemed to know a lot about the Forerunners and Halos before being discovered in the first game. What if the current-day ONI predecessors found out about AR and are now trying to virtually beat the crap out of him to find out about the Forerunners. It would explain why in the Halo timeline nobody was warned about the upcoming threat (if that indeed is his purpose).
Yes that could work, but I think he's more likely being hacked by SOTA members. Remember, they did go to Africa, recovered Sentinels, and are trying to activate them.
endejas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by endejas »

I keep seeing posts being eaten on here. Mine was chomped off...

I think we need another moving piece. A government agency, or another entity (AI?) operating behind AR would be nice. If it is SOTA hacking AR, then they just went up a peg on my respect level (or down, not sure yet.)
shamanistcrage
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by shamanistcrage »

they only discovered a glyph in africa so far as the arg is concerned. the information recieved from myspace is considered out of game.
Mikezoom
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Mikezoom »

Well whatever happens I like the idea of posting "Knock Knock" (suggested by Prophe7). You only gain entry to locked things by two ways.... breaking in or .... Knocking. :| (or with a key :roll:).

Interesting 24hrs ahead. :D

Mike.
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

endejas wrote:I'd propose closed registration, or invite only. But then again, that's just me.

I doubt anyone of us could cause AR, or the Array for that matter, to lose integrity. Could it be we have another in the shadows? The reason why AR is here?
i reckon that 'other' is sota, think about it how else can they be linked? perhaps we have to stop sota somehow? all i know is this im going sleep

i also like the oni idea
kungfudude
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by kungfudude »

ok so its likely something will happen at 4PM GMT, and 8AM PDT on the 18.06.07?