How the Ark could possibly save the Earth *Quite Off Topic*

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Re: How the Ark could possibly save the Earth *Quite Off Topic*

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

I like that idea, it spreads through the galaxy through slipspace before dropping all over the galaxy simultaneously.
shamanistcrage
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by shamanistcrage »

maybe it travels at the speed of light and takes 25,000 years to accomplish its goal. the job is done.
endejas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by endejas »

Then why the hell would we need to worry? It's been figured out that if the Halo pulse does travel at the speed of light, it would take 2,000 years for it to reach Earth, at least.

We could kill ourselves in that time.
shamanistcrage
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by shamanistcrage »

we would need to worry because this is all just speculation ;)

seriously, all we KNOW is halo is a weapon.

say i hand you a high tech device that is unfamiliar and tell you it WILL kill everything if you use it. would you want someone to use it? even if it would take 25000 years? besides all you would KNOW is that it kills, not the time it takes to kill.
endejas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by endejas »

Personally, I'd be more willing to fight the cause than let the high-tech gadget go off.

We can fight the Flood. It might be a futile attempt, but losing to the Flood, and activating the Halos render the same result. One of those has a chance of ending with us alive.
ODST Epsilon
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ODST Epsilon »

Plus, waiting 25,000 years would not be a very efficient way to kill off an entire galaxy. Just look at Humanity and what we've accomplished in that amount of time. If something like the Gravemind figures out the Halos, which he seems to have already done, they could theoretically move the infection to an area outside of the blast radius within that time and just wait it out, possibly expanding to other systems or galaxies aside from the Milky Way. But if it's instantaneous, or near instantaneous, I'm sure even a few months is quick enough. The flood would be starved simply because some sort of energy was transmitted in front of them and fried the nervous system of anything they could have assimilated.