if 42 isnt doing the arg

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

shamanistcrage
Data [Authenticated]

if 42 isnt doing the arg

Unread post by shamanistcrage »

does that mean it is all bungie? i cant imagine that they are putting this thing on by themselves, while trying to complete halo3. lol
S3NATOR
Data [Conditional]

Re: if 42 isnt doing the arg

Unread post by S3NATOR »

Maybe http://www.w3.org? Their website is in the source code.
j41m3z
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by j41m3z »

http://www.webtrends.com/

I thought this was talked about already.

That site keeps coming up in the code for SOTA and the comic.
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

w3.com is just a standard website which most modern websites would/ should have in theyre scource - just a website standards thing

webtrends is the same sort of thing

im sure theres other arg companies/ i hope there are because if bungies doing this all themselves i cant imagine how deep they will take it whilst trying to build a video game
j41m3z
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by j41m3z »

sharpsniper99 wrote:w3.com is just a standard website which most modern websites would/ should have in theyre scource - just a website standards thing

im sure theres other arg companies/ i hope there are because if bungies doing this all themselves i cant imagine how deep they will take it whilst trying to build a video game

Then again the story is done for Halo 3 right? So wouldn't this be getting done by the writers?
shamanistcrage
Data [Authenticated]

j41m3z wrote:
sharpsniper99 wrote:w3.com is just a standard website which most modern websites would/ should have in theyre scource - just a website standards thing

Then again the story is done for Halo 3 right? So wouldn't this be getting done by the writers?
ahhhh. excellent point. hmmm.
3of9
Arbiter

Unread post by 3of9 »

Most likely, this is the work of Microsoft's Marketing Department.
shamanistcrage
Data [Authenticated]

so far it has been a little interesting, but it hasnt been very fun. is this just marketing, or will it turn into a game? other than the comic and finding SOTA and the countdown. nothing has happened (at that all happened within like 5 hours)
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

Well it's obviously being used for marketing purposes, but it's also a game. Otherwise there would be people out in NYC wearing Halo 3 shirts and advertising it that way, not wearing SOTA shirts.
Boston_Will
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Boston_Will »

Maybe Bungie are doing it themsleves, they have done a little bit before with the Cortana letters, maybe Joseph Staten is organising it????
I think its just the beginning of the Game, even though there has been little interaction. To me there seems to be two seperate parts - the Halo3.com side and the Sota.com side, just a thought.