42 Entertainment isn't behind this; Stonehenge

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

KLind
Data [Authenticated]

42 Entertainment isn't behind this; Stonehenge

Unread post by KLind »

However, in an exclusive statement to the panel on the ARG Netcast, 42 Entertainment's Vice President of Experience Design, Elan Lee, announced that the campaign was not a 42 project, and Steve Peters of 42 also replied to an email sent yesterday with a similar statement. Bungie Studios, makers of the Halo series, has used ARG-like elements to promote their games before, beginning with 1999's Cortana Letters, so it's possible they are doing it in-house. Regardless of who the creators are, with live events, Forerunner poetry to interpret, mysterious locked servers on the Halo 3 site, and the mysterious Adjutant Reflex at large, it promises to be an exciting ride!
From Here: http://www.argn.com/archive/000605histo ... a_halo.php

Also Wes from NeoGAF Says This:
Ok so the countdown is counting down until midnight June 20th/21st. The 21st is the summer solstice.

They've made it quite widely known that Stonehenge has something to do with this ARG, possibly as just an interesting back story possibility. However I think it's going to be more than that.

It's quite well known in Britain that on the evening of June 20th/morning of June 21st Stonehenge becomes open to the public so that that can be there for the sunset and sunrise of the solstice.

My thinking is these SOTA people will be there, and more information will be revealed at the site itself.
He's heading down there to get the scoop, and I'll keep you guys posted!

Apologies if this is old.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Re: 42 Entertainment isn't behind this; Stonehenge

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

Thank you for the update about 42 entertainment! Keep it up.