New Glyph Discovery

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

iNteRn
Data [Conditional]

Re: New Glyph Discovery

Unread post by iNteRn »

This is the best i can do.

Last edited by iNteRn on Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mike g
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by mike g »

wow
that great nice summary ;)
Tural
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Tural »

Problems with this theory:
1) Every other glyph has been perfectly visible and clearly defined. If it has to be disputed this much, it's incredibly unlikely that it is what we seek. There would not be 7+ visible images and one skewed, low-quality, obscured one hidden in a tiny part of an image that is not visible without modifying the image.
2) The sheer amount that it's being disputed. As I said, it would be clear if it was the glyph. There would be absolutely no reason to hide it so well that only half of the people are convinced it even exists.
3) The most important point of all. The alleged glyph lies at the top of the visor reflection. What does it rest on? The top of the helmet, extending over the visor. For this to be a glyph, the glyph would have to be on the surface of the helmet overhang, or between the visor and that area of the helmet. This is not the case. It is not reflecting from nowhere.

Here is a much better quality image than the others posted:
Done with Alien Skin BlowUp.

It is very clear that there is no glyph here. When properly aligned with the 'Emotion' image, you can see that the white highlights are present in both images. The difference being that in the Halo3.com image, the highlights and shadows have both been modified, making them more defined. If anything, your image demonstrates a reversed "Z" shape. Nothing even remotely similar to a circle is visible in the image.

Here is a GIF showing the inset line on the visor. The two 'Emotion' images are there to show that the lines are properly aligned on both images. From the fourth to first frame, you can blatantly see that the top line of the highlight, being called a part of the glyph, is nothing more than the highlight present on the 'Emotion' image as a result of the inset line.
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/9636 ... htsyp0.gif

In the end, both the top line and right-side dot can be explained by the 'Emotion' artwork. This leaves only a small area that is unaccounted for. This is the shape of that area: ">" - If this can be explained as a replica of the previously seen glyphs, and you can disprove all of my points and explanations, then I will be prepared to believe this. Until then, the conclusion stands at the fact that it can be accredited to the original artwork being modified and a low resolution. Logically, the glyph should be both clearly visible (Bungie does not expect everyone to have photo editing software capable of clarifying such an inconclusive, tiny bit of picture) and should not defy the physics of light. It must be present between the visor and the helmet for it to be reflected in that location. Thus, it is impossible for it to be the symbol you claim it is.
iNteRn
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by iNteRn »

I don't agree on the first point.

"Every other glyph has been perfectly visible"

I don't really think that the first one we found is much easier to see than this one?

Second,

"The sheer amount that it's being disputed. As I said, it would be clear if it was the glyph. There would be absolutely no reason to hide it so well that only half of the people are convinced it even exists."

We still don't really know what these are good for right? Maybe there are some that are easy to find and some that are hard to find?

And third. Does it have to reflect?
Tural
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Tural »

The initial image, shown on the right of your picture, is clear. There is no disputing whether or not it is there. It is blatantly obvious.

See my point about it being unrealistic to expect people to be able to find such an obscure, small image. You can not show that it fits with the glyph. I have clearly shown that the shape fits with the original visor highlights, leaving only a small area which could be said glyph.

If it isn't being reflected, are you implying that there's a sticker on John's visor?

Edit: I have found the proof that has been sought.
Here is a screenshot of the original image.
There you have it. The image has not changed since Halo3.com launched. The other instance of the symbol on the site, on the Ark, was added when the ARG started, and not until after the "seeds" comment. Thus, there would have not been a symbol already existing for the ARG back when the site launched.
Debunked.
iNteRn
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by iNteRn »

Tural wrote:See my point about it being unrealistic to expect people to be able to find such an obscure, small image. You can not show that it fits with the glyph. I have clearly shown that the shape fits with the original visor highlights, leaving only a small area which could be said glyph.
Sry, but i'm not bying that. What about the text on the bridge on Metropolis? I still don't understand that people found that. And the text on regret, although i think we got some help from bungie, but we found it.

Nothing seems to well hidden for Halo fans.

Tural wrote: If it isn't being reflected, are you implying that there's a sticker on John's visor?
I'm just saying that it's not 100% sure that the gylphs are reflecting off something.

If you look at this picture, you see that the gylph is plain, while the thing is....not plain :roll: :)

Tural wrote: Edit: I have found the proof that has been sought.
Here is a screenshot of the original image.
There you have it. The image has not changed since Halo3.com launched. The other instance of the symbol on the site, on the Ark, was added when the ARG started, and not until after the "seeds" comment. Thus, there would have not been a symbol already existing for the ARG back when the site launched.
Debunked.
Okay, now i may seem really stubborn but what if the gylphs has been there all the time?

Maybe people didn't care about halo3.com that much before AR?

I understand that this seems like a far-fetched explanation but i'm just trying to be 100% sure that this isn't a gylph.
Last edited by iNteRn on Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tural
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Tural »

Nevertheless, I updated my post with the evidence that it is not part of the ARG, and therefore, not the glyph.

Here is the fact:
The first image discovered (Outside of the email), on the visor (On the Ark) on the main page, was added after the ARG started, and after AR made a specific comment.
This is the one and only factual scenario we have to base judgments on. There have been no incidents where the glyph has been there the entire time on Halo3.com.

I am basing my entire argument on factual explanations, proven history, and detailed documentation of how the alleged "glyph" occurred. The opposition is basing its entire argument on an assumption, the assumption that they see a symbol when it can clearly be explained in the ways I've described over and over.

Based on the explanation of reflectivity, visibility, and highlighting anomalies, as well as the history of the only event which we can base logical judgment on, I have proven beyond anything the other side has even begun to prove, that there is no glyph to be found there.
3of9
Arbiter

Unread post by 3of9 »

The purpose of the glyph is to say "Hey! This (website/ad) is part of the ARG."

There is little purpose to putting it repeatedly on the same site. I think you're looking a little too hard right now.
reaperdude42
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by reaperdude42 »

My understanding was tht the glyphs only started to apear after the ARG got underway and all the evidence we have seen so far seems to back this up, so i dont think you could argue that this particular glyph (if thats what it turns out to be ) has been there all along. Also as has already been pointed out (I Think...) the glyphs seem to be assosciated with sites or events that are in game.

There must be loads of forums and sites that have this screen shot on and most of these have been around since the first H3 screens came out well before the start of the ARG, im sure if you look at some of these you will see that the image is the same on allof them. If this turns out to be the case (as im sure it will) it can really only mean one of a 2 things.

1) All of these sits are involved in the ARG (which i doubt)
2) Its not a glyph its just a reflection in the visor.

If you stare long enough you can see all sorts of funny shapes in all sorts of places it doesnt mean that they are all glyphs. Even the Glyph used to represent the agnecey in Crackdown has a passing resembelnce to it, should we then consider the possiblity that using Crackdown as the platform for the H3 beta was more than it was... lets not start a whole new thread that please... unless someone has a serous reason to ;-)
shamanistcrage
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by shamanistcrage »

my theory with the glyph is that the only purpose it has is to connect SOTA with the ARG. i think you guys are diggin way too much in. i think the answers are much less complicated at this stage and people are diving too deep.