AR, what is it (IRL, not the ARG)

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

shamanistcrage
Data [Authenticated]

AR, what is it (IRL, not the ARG)

Unread post by shamanistcrage »

do you think AR is a bot that was created and scripted to interact with the websites and people, it does act a lot like some of the bots i have played with.

is it a bungie employee? just someone at bungie waiting for the right words to respond to.

is it a 3rd party? i seem to remember the reason ILB wasnt considered lore was because someone else put it all together based on what bungie had given it.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Re: AR, what is it (IRL, not the ARG)

Unread post by Avateur »

My gut tells me that someone from Bungie is controlling AR in terms of what Microsoft/Bungie agreed to, and that Microsoft is running everything else.

Of course, I like to think that AR is its own entity, something real and awesome from the HALO universe come to life. But that's because I'm a super HALO geek and damn proud of it. :D
Lichtonatus
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

I ersonally think it's a third party doing this. Bungie will have allowed them to make that account and yellowed their text up for them, but other than that I think it's the work of an ARG company like 42
gunluva
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by gunluva »

I think it's Joe Staten.
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

would make sense, apparently he wrote the script for halo 3 so he would know what to say

out of curiosity did he work on halo 1 aswell, it seems a lot of the original bungie staff moved away before making halo 2 ?
343 Guilty Sparked
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by 343 Guilty Sparked »

Yeah, Joe staten worked on Halo 1, he was the voice of the Grunt, among other jobs.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

Joe Staten would be a good assumption, since we know someone with authority has to be the puppetmaster to know what to say.