Text change (Morning of the 17th)

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

shamanistcrage
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Text change (Morning of the 17th)

Unread post by shamanistcrage »

posters on Bnet seem to think AR is stirring.
mike g
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by mike g »

yer i wanna see a vid of what happens when u relli try to put them on the spot about halo and the ARG
i got the impression that sota was an organisation long before this arg, am i right?
writer87
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by writer87 »

its likely, but with his absence for the past day or so, its not a definite
shamanistcrage
Data [Authenticated]

not as far as i can tell, the closest thing is Society of Ancients, which is a wargames group. they like to get together and play out ancient battles.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

AdjutantReflex is always stirring. Whoever is controlling that thing (Bungie, Covenant, Forerunner, or Protoss) is probably watching our every move and waiting for us to get insanely clueless, right on target, or way ahead of schedule before posting. So far I'd say everything is going to plan, adjusted for the inconvenience of people finding paper ads ahead of time.

I also believe that I read in this forum or on Bungie that SOTA was created a couple of days ago by Microsoft or something.
mike g
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by mike g »

thats what makes me think that this silverladder stuff is unrelated, everything so far that has been legit has had an obvious link back to microsoft
imageriot
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by imageriot »

The reason you cannot open the swf is because it is a compact read only document, you need tyhe fla to do anything with it...I dont think approaching the ARG in this manner is going to acheive anything.....there may be clues hidden in the source code yeah, but not embedded in a flash file, I think working in a brute force manner will either yield no results or uncover something too early, that ruins the point of the game.

I have been assesing the source code of pages just to check for changes, hidden text and the sort.
Lichtonatus
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

I may be wrong, but going dark makes me think of shutting everything down to avoid detection. I think that might be what it was in the Matrix. Anyway, i dunno if that's what appenned here, but if something tried to intercept a message, it's likely to try and find the source, which may be why this thing(whatever it is) is going Dark

As for a counter rally, that sounds awesome. We should so do that. Except that involves meeting people. And this forum seems rather opposed to that. (Not complaining, so am I, but I'm assuming we'll have to eventualy anyway)
nismo634
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by nismo634 »

cool beans.
ya ive checked the code on pretty much all the css style sheets, html's and wut not for:
206.16.223.65/
halo3.com
and some of societyoftheancients

no luck. im going to bed
shamanistcrage
Data [Authenticated]

Lichtonatus wrote:I may be wrong, but going dark makes me think of shutting everything down to avoid detection. I think that might be what it was in the Matrix. Anyway, i dunno if that's what appenned here, but if something tried to intercept a message, it's likely to try and find the source, which may be why this thing(whatever it is) is going Dark

As for a counter rally, that sounds awesome. We should so do that. Except that involves meeting people. And this forum seems rather opposed to that. (Not complaining, so am I, but I'm assuming we'll have to eventualy anyway)
also requires going out in the sunlight.