interesting interview by joesph straten regarding halo 3 sto

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

interesting interview by joesph straten regarding halo 3 sto

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

things i found interesting:

theyre deciding whether the cortnana letters and the i love bees is cannical or not

HSP: The dialogue from the Halo 3 trailer bears obvious similarity to the Cortana Letters from the early Halo days. Given that they have been discouraged as canon over the years, are they now to be afforded greater consideration? Additionally, the Letters themselves were strongly reminiscent of the messages from Durandal, the rampant AI from Marathon. What are your thoughts on "rampancy," AIs in the Halo universe, and Cortana specifically?

JS: Canon is tricky (see my controversial statement about "I Love Bees" - believe it or not, we're actually working to answer the "is it, or isn't it?" question right now!). The Halo story has as many loose threads as influences. And we do our best to sew the former into canon as we find them - are reminded of their potential. The Cortana Letters are an excellent example of this phenomenon. For all sorts of reasons, they lingered in canonical purgatory for years. But when we needed some compelling dialog to remind folks what's at stake in Halo3: Bam! Newfound utility! Alas, I'd have to say that, as of now, the only canonized parts of the letters are the fragments we pulled for use in the announcement trailer.

covenant have a library of forerunner symbols + dr haslely and the spartans seem to know aboutthem aswell...

HSP: Humans (SPARTANS, specifically) have been shown in both the games and the novels to have an innate understanding of Forerunner glyphs, symbols, and controls. Is this something that will be elaborated on in Halo 3? Is there a Forerunner alphabet or language that can be at least partially deciphered from currently available sources? What would those sources be, specifically?

JS: I mentioned the Ministry of Tranquility earlier, and it just so happens to have an extensive library of Forerunner glyphs - though Ministry Prophets (even with the help of their Huragok librarians) have nothing approaching a full understanding of the Forerunner language. At least, they've never told anyone if they do...

Yes, some humans (Doctor Halsey, for one) have an almost preternatural ability to discern the glyphs' meanings. Given what we've revealed so far about Halo3 - that there's a very large object buried in the Kenyan savannah with distinctly Forerunner architecture - it's safe to say we'll elaborate on all things Forerunner in Halo3. Although some would say we've already made things perfectly clear. (links to a pdf)

and finally i found this most interesting:

HSP: When did the Forerunner die off - in human years?

JS: Inscrutable alien beings with problematic ethics never die... they just fade away. But if what you're asking is: when did the Forerunner take their "Great Journey," that would be about 100,000 years ago - around the time our Homo Sapien ancestors decided to migrate out of Africa. Mind you, that's a hotly debated paleontological theory.

well that comic and the above text proves humans were around before the forerunners fired the halos, i kinda wished we evolved afresh like 100,000 years after but meh

check here for the interview, scroll down a bit most of its just unrelated
http://halosm.bungie.org/story/staten083106.html
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Re: interesting interview by joesph straten regarding halo 3 sto

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

The interview brings some nice things back to mind. Though the last part has already been quoted numerous times on this forum. We should all try to keep in mind that we don't know if we can have any assumptions as this unfolds, as we do not know it's exact ties to the halo universe.
NateTheNewt
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by NateTheNewt »

with all this we muct keep in mind we do not know what the Ark DOES. We know it keeps those protected by in safe from the flood, but this could mean many things, it could be as simple as you go inside it and after the flood has been wiped from the universe it it spits you back out, or it could mean that once you enter it you live life normally but when you leave only moments have past since you enteredbut the flood has been eradicated through some space/time continuim, or it could mena that as you enter the Ark it registers your DNA and continues your species in a form that is un corruptable by the flood due to limited brain function keeping YOU safe inside till your death of old age or otherwise but continueing your species, or a hundred billion different things, so the fact that the Forunners disappeared around 100,000 years ago doesnt prove or disprove anything.
Lichtonatus

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

I think ypu've just gone over every theory EVER, and added at least 2 new ones. Keep it up and our brains willl all fry. Maybe then we'll work some of this out.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

Wow....I think that was one sentence. Please...make my eyes stop bleeding.
sharpsniper99

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

very nice theorys in there, but its a bit off topic, say all that on the speculation forum with your own thread though, it definatly deserves its own thread