THe SOTA site and the Glyph

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

grantix
Data [Conditional]

THe SOTA site and the Glyph

Unread post by grantix »

At the bottom of the "Evidence" page on the SOTA site there's a thing that says, "FINDINGS- The message boards are still out on this piece. One of our members came across a website that also contains this symbol (206.16.223.65) but it’s much to early to determine if this is valid evidence of Ancients. None the less, the supposed "alien" server is quite interesting. The quest for the truth about this image remains."

Yet the 206.16.223.65 site does not have that symbol. It's only got the pill looking things in the background.
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Re: THe SOTA site and the Glyph

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

yeah this has been discused a few times but infact -

why not go out aon a limb and say its hidden and we have to find it? might be something?

i doubt it though, im not gonna waste my time looking, i had a quick look thru the scource etc when i first noticed it
Van Helsing
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Van Helsing »

Correct,

this has been noted before,

Some speculation entitles that when he countdown finishes, the Glyph will be revealed and perhaps a link to the SOTA will be there, - As we were not meant to have found the SOTA site yet, supposedly the first time we were meant to hear of it was today (or yesterday) with the incidents at Times Square, London etc etc - and or we were meant to be led to it by the countdown page, although the latter here is proven a little shaky due to the incidents of Times square that would have led us to the site today, before the countdown has ended.

Therefore the countdown presumably countdowns to something else,

But then why the SOTA page references a Glyph on the countdown page, when there clearly isn't one that we can see, is unknown.
sharpsniper99

i guess its the only way they could legitly link to the site, perhaps a good back story could be the idea the glyph was removed before they linked it or something, seems to me to be just a way of pushing the arg along rather than something we should read into

something interesting someone found on the actual sota site though is thheres a empty text box in the top left corener of each page 23 characters long
Van Helsing
Moderator [Designated]

What, you mean these two areas? :

http://ve-designs.net/files/SOTApage2.jpg

They're just spaces left over after the title GIF image was placed in the center of that table cell,
sharpsniper99

nope i mean in the far left of the screen, ill try and get a screenshot
sharpsniper99

its on every page
Attachments
thespace.JPG
thespace.JPG (50.01 KiB) Viewed 8223 times
Van Helsing
Moderator [Designated]

Ah yes,

I seem to have it here:

Although I think it's just an accidental HTML glitch or bug leftover they never saw or never fixed.
sharpsniper99

seems to be loads in that sota site :lol: all the accidents cant be coinsidence, wasnt someone working on the spelling errors? perhaps that 23 empty space is a hint owards finding 23 spelling errors

i know its a long shot, but there must be a reason for all those errors on a Microsoft run site, infact theres never usualy a mistake like that in a arg unless its intntional
Van Helsing
Moderator [Designated]

Check out Ilovebees.com <-- really badly created site, yet it was the home of one of the greatest ARG's ever, and who was behind it? The same (more or less) people behind this one, Microsoft and their clients,