English Stonehenge Goers Needed For Solstice.

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

SkorponokX
Data [Conditional]

Re: English Stonehenge Goers Needed For Solstice.

Unread post by SkorponokX »

Sir Topham Hat wrote:I don't understand why going to Stonehenge is a bad idea. Just go on the solstice, have fun, chill out. (Probably sounding reeeeally ignorant, but that means someone will explain to me)
In past years there has been trouble, with clashes between the Police and the crowds. For a while the whole area was off limits during the period round the Soltice.

Also it is not a good idea for younger members of the community to meet people off the internet who they don't really know.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

Ok, pagan religious day. But frankly...those guys are wackos. And what are they going to do, sacrifice you? Somehow I doubt it. If someone lives in England, gather some ABO buddies and at least go and see what you can find. Though being 17+ would be a good idea...
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

to be fair meeting peaple from the internet, even peaple on here i reckon isnt something that should exactly be encouraged
SkorponokX
Data [Conditional]

Maybe someone should create a sticky warning people about meeting people in real life. Afterall anything Halo related does attract a lot of younger people.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Technically Halo is for people 17+ and as such anything related to it is for people 17+. I understand what you guys were saying, but anyone on here should have the understanding of that, as well of general internet protocol...

Basically, if you're 17+ and you don't mind cruising out to Stonehenge on the 21st, please do so and tell us what you find. If you're underage, don't meet people from the internet.
sharpsniper99

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

i agree, its all well and good playing a arg but imagine the guilt if a kid ended up tring to go to this thing and something happened
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Anything you wouldn't do minus the internet, you shouldn't do with the internet. I think that's a good policy in general. You wouldn't meet random people you met at the mall and go to creepy places.
SkorponokX
Data [Conditional]

I really can't see them pulling anything off anyway. Any sign of something like a protest and the police are likely to move them along. Trying to place anything on or around the stones is likely to annoy the druids and/or English Heritage and end up getting the Police involved.

It will probably end up like that stunt in Boston with those signs a couple of months ago.
Lichtonatus

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

Sir Topham Hat wrote:Anything you wouldn't do minus the internet, you shouldn't do with the internet. I think that's a good policy in general. You wouldn't meet random people you met at the mall and go to creepy places.

How would you meet up with weirdos from the internet without the internet?
sharpsniper99 wrote:riddkl you have the idea, dont go theres no point plus its very dangerous, even meeting up with peaple on here is dodgy because for all you they could be pedophiles (im looking at topham hat :P (joke))
It's funny, cos when i read your post thats exactly who I thought of

And i've just realised how tired my fingers have become, and how unproductive this post is. i think thats my cue to leave folks.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

I'm the resident suspected pedo now apparently.

I didn't mean internet weirdos sans internet, I meant real weirdos sans internet.