Authenticity of Each Encounter

Leads that wound up being lost causes, having nothing to do with the ARG. Also, for threads discussing what turned out to be hoaxes.

Moderator: Moderators

Onebitrocket
Data [Conditional]

Re: Authenticity of Each Encounter

Unread post by Onebitrocket »

SS_Zag1 wrote:AdjutantReflex clearly stated that he's remaining on Bungie.net, so the XBL, AIM, MSN, and other conversations are all faked, either by the submitter or the person on the other end impersonating the AI.

Mildly off-topic, but I would ask all of you to remember one key thing about Alternate Reality Games. They take place in our time. I noticed on many of the other forums (and man, is it getting chaotic), that people keep asking the AI, or saying things to the AI that have to do with the game series itself, such as Cortana, Master Chief, and other events that haven't happened before the year 2007. Why is the AI here, in our time? Well, obviously it's Forerunner, so it is around, but why is contacting us? Well, that's the game, isn't it? ;)

More on-topic; Alternate Reality Games, just like I Love Bees had started, start out slow, and weed out all the players who won't really get interested, or spread the word in just the right manner. From the start, they're small, then they get bigger. I'm sure we'll get the AI speaking from more sources, but until we find any otherwise, he's staying on Bungie.net.

(Also, Lyca.com and the other websites related that are going around aren't affilliated. It seems to be a silly belief all about Bungie.net right now.)

-Zag
Where did AR say that it/he would be remaining on Bungie.net, so the XBL, AIM, MSN?
kungfudude
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by kungfudude »

..are all almost for definate hoax's. However i hve been told by the mods on here never to say never.

It is my firm beleif that they are worthless to us and we should move on to more pressing issues, such as why did nothing happen today when he said it would.
Boxer
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Boxer »

Perhaps nothing happened because he came back early?

Just a thought.
Irregular Apocalypse
Site Admin

Unread post by Irregular Apocalypse »

Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

His precise words were, "I will stay here." Leading me to believe he has had 0 contact with anyone outside of b.net.
Midnight
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Midnight »

This is the quote:

"This process is relative only to this location. No other suitable location was found. One other was attempted. Bandwidth restraints prevented its use. I will stay here."

I think he's referring to HBO as the other attempted location, but it appears Bungie.net is it from now on. I think the only AR communication that can be considered canon will be what we see on Bungie.net.
Ma1agate
Advocate [Futile]

Unread post by Ma1agate »

A sticky has been posted regarding this. This thread has been locked and moved to Discussion.