Gods/Sentinel? In Game Box Art

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

shamanistcrage
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Gods/Sentinel? In Game Box Art

Unread post by shamanistcrage »

discoverer need to post a new topic with the zune picture, that is definatley our comic friends, or thier descendants.
ODST Epsilon
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ODST Epsilon »

Zune picture seems to have what appears to be the Forerunner thing cause those lights look like the proper triangle engine/light mounting position as opposed to the inverted mounting of the Covenant Assault Carrier that I pointed out yesterday. Hopefully we actually get to see some of these honeys in the game and not in assorted artwork.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

ODST Epsilon wrote:Zune picture seems to have what appears to be the Forerunner thing cause those lights look like the proper triangle engine/light mounting position as opposed to the inverted mounting of the Covenant Assault Carrier that I pointed out yesterday. Hopefully we actually get to see some of these guys in the game and not in assorted artwork.
Part of me is afraid to see these "guys" in-game. Especially if they're enemies. I mean, the Forerunner are the most advanced mofos in all of the galaxy, ever. Do we REALLY want to fight them? Especially if Covenant scarabs can't be cracked unless inside of them, these things would be a total pain to take down.
ODST Epsilon
Data [Authenticated]

Avateur wrote:
ODST Epsilon wrote:Zune picture seems to have what appears to be the Forerunner thing cause those lights look like the proper triangle engine/light mounting position as opposed to the inverted mounting of the Covenant Assault Carrier that I pointed out yesterday. Hopefully we actually get to see some of these guys in the game and not in assorted artwork.
Part of me is afraid to see these "guys" in-game. Especially if they're enemies. I mean, the Forerunner are the most advanced mofos in all of the galaxy, ever. Do we REALLY want to fight them? Especially if Covenant scarabs can't be cracked unless inside of them, these things would be a total pain to take down.
Who says they're bad though? Forerunner technology has only been shown as hostile when there's a Flood outbreak, and even then, the Sentinels didn't start fighting back until the Chief pissed 343 off. I'm sure it can be surmised that when the Arbiter was trying to make his way towards the Index on 05 he must've been deemed a threat by the Sentinels as well, possibly due to his close proximity to the infection itself. So I guess what I'm trying to say, lol, is that they could be good, bad, or neutral towards humans, especially if they were builders.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

Ghosts of Onyx. If you've read it, you know what Forerunner tech can do, and for unknown reasons. Who knows what particular event set those guys off.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

Yeah, we don't know much of anything about what the Forerunner's real MO is, or what exactly they did.
ODST Epsilon
Data [Authenticated]

Avateur wrote:Ghosts of Onyx. If you've read it, you know what Forerunner tech can do, and for unknown reasons. Who knows what particular event set those guys off.
But they were also able to communicate with the Sentinels when speaking in Latin to them, so it's possible that if they are spoken to or interacted with in a certain way, they can deem something not a threat. You also have to remember that the ONI bases in Zone 67 could have possible activated defense mechanisms that tagged all Humans as threats, even if it was unintentional.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

The Sentinals only continued attacking because they assumed all humans in the area belonged to the Sub-species that the Spartan IIIs were because of their altered brains. They may have aided them otherwise.
ODST Epsilon
Data [Authenticated]

Sir Topham Hat wrote:The Sentinals only continued attacking because they assumed all humans in the area belonged to the Sub-species that the Spartan IIIs were because of their altered brains. They may have aided them otherwise.
I agree. All of the known Human encounters with the Sentinels have been in...less than ideal climates for trying to actually communicate diplomatically. We know that the Humans weren't deemed a threat, possibly even the Covenant, upon the first encounter because 343 referred to the Master Chief as the/a Reclaimer and assisted him in acquiring the Index. They turned once John refused to do what 343 wanted. For all we know, 343 might be able to communicate with the other monitors and installations and tagged the Humans, or at least the Spartans, as enemies due to his refusal.