interesting analysis on the text on the sato website

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

interesting analysis on the text on the sato website

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

go to this thread reply made my owduanm http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/view ... &start=285

OwduaNM
Kilroy

SOTA Website

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally I get caught up with everything. I hope someone here takes seriously what I have to add.

As several people have noticed about the SOTA website there are spelling errors. I read through and noticed SEVERAL spelling errors, mostly missing letters. Is it possible the the missing letters are clues. I've taken part in an ARG before that used this method.

Besides the 'bee' example here are some I found just by perusing the pages again.

Quote:
The Society of the Ancients is not a cult. We are not an anti-government group, quack pot religious commune or Sci-Fi readers circle. Our purpose is to collect and pass on information that has led our members to a unique understanding about human history and its relationship to a gracious (an technically advanced) ancient alien race.

Quote:
Our very first bit of evidence is the scientific principle often expressed as lex parsimoniae, better knows as Ockham's Razor.

Quote:
What is simpler to explain, that ancient humans made extreme leads in technology and social advancement for no reason what so ever?

Quote:
The Round nature with counterpoints seems to bee an ancient theme.

Quote:
Crop circle- Ambertshire England, 1985

Quote:
FINDINGS- The message boards are still out on this piece. One of our members came across a website that also contains this symbol (206.16.223.65) but it’s much to early to determine if this is valid evidence of Ancients.

Quote:
When I first started SOTA in 1995, I was living in Santa Fe, NM. A neighbor (Aaron Elliot, our current SOTA membership chairman) and I were talking during a backyard BBQ when the conversation turned to a book series (bought on TV and popular at he time) dealing with unsolved ancient mysteries.

Quote:
"I have been over the years very skeptical like many others [about extra terrestrial existence]. But in the last ten years or so, ~I've come to realize that the evidence is building up to make this a valid and researchable question."

Quote:
Well, Mr. Mitchell’s words made an impact on me. Perhaps not a kick in the teeth impact but they left a dent non-the-less.

I know it is very possible that some of those are simple typos, however leads instead of leaps is not a common typo. Neither is knows instead of known. Perhaps the misspellings will lead to a password or the real email address.

Also, these two sentences seemed fairly out of sorts with the rest of the writtings on the page....but I can't put my finger on what seems odd about them.

Quote:
"If these words made an impact with you, no matter how small, then maybe you would like to hear more of what we are talking about."

Please take the time to consider our points. There are others out there with the same questions, and a few with the answers.

EDIT: I also think that is a much simpler solution than trying to crack into the data of the images....thus appealing to Ockham's Razor.
Lichtonatus

Re: interesting analysis on the text on the sato website

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

Another is quack pot insteda of crack pot.

And crack could be taken as a clue that there is indeed a clue.

Typically of me, I've now argued both for and against this code theory ;)
Poolball055
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Poolball055 »

I don't think this will lead anywhere at the moment, but it is a good thing to keep in the back of our heads if the times come and we need to use it.
Lichtonatus

Exactly, so we might as well try to crack it and remember the finds, rather than remembering taht we should crack it at some point yes?
Poolball055
Data [Conditional]

Lichtonatus wrote:Exactly, so we might as well try to crack it and remember the finds, rather than remembering taht we should crack it at some point yes?
Good point, rather not skip something of importance then have to come back when we have to time to solve it now.
Lichtonatus

Unfortunately, i couldn't even spot a lot of the errors that have been pointed out in thsi post, so i'm not quite the most qualified guy to do this.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

Just sit back, relax, let everyone do the work, and take the credit. Like Marty. j/k :D
Lichtonatus

Who's joking? *runs away to avoid a beating*
Tweek178
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Tweek178 »

So...um...has anyone compiled all the wrong letters, or all the missing/correct letters to see if one of the sets is a code?
Poolball055
Data [Conditional]

That's what they're doing on the uf forum linked at the top of the page, so just stay tuned to them.