Equipment oddity

This is where the action happens!

Moderator: Moderators

Hive
Data [Authenticated]

Equipment oddity

Unread post by Hive »

Bzzt! Captain, I have received a request from CN Jackson requesting that his EVA suit be replaced. The comms system seems to be playing Christmas music. He cannot identify the instruments used to create the music, though he says that one of them sounds suspiciously like the theremin. He can still hear all messages, but he is having difficulty concentrating with the music playing.

bzzt! He asked me to keep this "down low" due to how much he has been teased about the incident CN Welsh and himself witnessed.
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Equipment oddity

Unread post by thereIwasn't »

Hive, can you run a diagnostic on the suit or receiver to tell me where the music might be coming from, or what frequency?

This is obviously attached to the investigation--specifically C463 and F484's little date--so we'll keep it on the quiet side.
Or maybe someone on the ship has a really odd sense of humor and I have a really bad case of confirmation bias. Not much to be done at the moment until we have more answers.
Hive
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Hive »

Bzzt! I am not detecting any unusual frequency variations received by his suit, and cannot currently pick up any audio.

Bzzt! CN Jackson is reporting back to the ship to switch suits. I will investigate more when we can examine his helmet.
Hive
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Hive »

Bzzt! CN Jackson reports that airlock 08-C is not responding. I am sending a team to investigate for malfunction. Given our previous problems with airlock 12-C, I am having them put on EVA suits before attending to the issue.

Bzzt! Rerouting CN Jackson to airlock 07-B.
Hive
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Hive »

Bzzt! CN Jackson has entered the ship successfully.

Bzzt! CA Estevez reports that he can hear the music, but my audio sensors cannot pick it up. He also reports that somebody has etched a small "Y" and three circles on the back of the helmet.
Hive
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Hive »

bzzt! CN Jackson and CA Estevez have come to the agreement that their argument over if the tune is the Carol of the Bells or Shchedryk is futile since they both utilize the same music.

Bzzt! CN Jackson has returned to his duties.
PsycoJoe
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by PsycoJoe »

Have one of them copy the image and bring it to me, personally. I think I know who to ask about its meaning.
Hive
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Hive »

Bzzt! As per request, I have uploaded an image from the helmet.

bzzt! Thank you for ordering that camera cleaned. It's been driving me crazy.
Attachments
helmetetching.jpg
helmetetching.jpg (15.95 KiB) Viewed 28620 times