From Dr. Muldoon

This is where the action happens!

Moderator: Moderators

Hive
Data [Authenticated]

From Dr. Muldoon

Unread post by Hive »

Captain,

Since this is the one time where I can gleefully violate my patient confidentiality without violating it, I must say, that was a wonderful session. I'm glad you accepted the tea. Come back if you want some more; you don't even need to talk.

I'm not going to tell you anything that you don't already know. You're under a lot of stress, strange things happening, ONI breathing down your neck... What's the point? This explains your recent sleeping patterns, though. I'm glad that it isn't anything too serious. If you do end up feeling like you need something to help you sleep, I've got a different kind of tea that we'll try before going with medication.

I reiterate, I'd love to read through your communications with this unknown ONI operative, but I understand your hesitation. I'll let you in on a little secret about myself. I turned down an offer for them, for the same reasons I chose military practice instead of private. I'd get more money, but less of the psychological issues that I really want to work with. Now, if only I could get to a ship that sees combat...

As I was saying, I'm glad that we could have such a pleasant session. I know that my interactions with you outside the office are taxing, but I hope this proves that I can be professional when the time comes. Yes, I heard that little remark to Eva about that.

As an aside, her session is tomorrow. I can't wait for that one. I have a few inquiries about her seeming desire to flash her funbags to the crew during the boxing match. Most improper of an XO, senior officer, officer, or anybody in the public eye.

Anyway, keep your chin up. I'll keep my ear to the ground and let you know if anybody becomes unstable. I'm going to see if I can hit up Padre for breakfast instead of lunch. I'm still a bit worried about Ives, but there's not a lot that I can do for now. There's no reason to take his unwillingness to speak frankly with me as anything beyond him preferring to speak to a man of the cloth at this point, but my gut...

Well, it hasn't been wrong so far, has it?

Sincerely,

LT Muldoon, Robert