Some thoughts and theroies

This is the place to discuss thoughts, theories, and speculation concerning Bzzt! Arg

Moderator: Moderators

the new one
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Some thoughts and theroies

Unread post by the new one »

Think we could leave some crumbs for F484 to contact our encrypted friend? However it seems redundant no matter how I see it, seeing how it is more than capable in lurking about the ship undetected...

Wonder what links Myung has with the "Her" being constantly referred to? Another undercover Orion member?
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thereIwasn't »

the new one wrote:Think we could leave some crumbs for F484 to contact our encrypted friend? However it seems redundant no matter how I see it, seeing how it is more than capable in lurking about the ship undetected...

Wonder what links Myung has with the "Her" being constantly referred to? Another undercover Orion member?
Which is my point. So far, we've only managed to draw it out twice; once with Raschad, once with a computer argument. We need to find the connection.

In the meantime, I don't think we should be bothering Myung until we have a few concrete words with the person being asked for. We'll get more from listening to the commentary than replying to questions that we have no answer for.
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

I may be on the verge of getting us a way to trap the EM anomaly. If so, then things are about to get interesting.
PsycoJoe
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by PsycoJoe »

Alternate method being set up. I just hope it works.
ruwe_44
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by ruwe_44 »

So the encrypted messages after Chair's messages have stopped... That's either a good thing and we are going to hopefully see something come up soon, or a bad thing and I don't know what that means.
PsycoJoe
Data [Authenticated]

I'm thinking our paranoid Popsicle pal Raschad will be playing a major part in these events soon. We need him 'with it' enough to stay on ship.
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

ruwe_44 wrote:So the encrypted messages after Chair's messages have stopped... That's either a good thing and we are going to hopefully see something come up soon, or a bad thing and I don't know what that means.
I called the encryptor's bluff. I told them that I knew they were Myung, that they were looking for F484, and that we were trying to contact him.

The writer is probably busy trying to come up with a good reply. I say this weekend we crack this nut wide open.
PsycoJoe
Data [Authenticated]

Grasping at straws...

C463 was reported to be of Indian heritage. The name 'Raschad' sounds Eastern enough to qualify. Could there be a relationship?
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

PsycoJoe wrote:Grasping at straws...

C463 was reported to be of Indian heritage. The name 'Raschad' sounds Eastern enough to qualify. Could there be a relationship?
You're looking too far into it.

The best thing we can do right now is work to capture an anomaly, keep the ship afloat, and pass along all our data to Chair. When we get something useful, it will appear in large letters.
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

Out of our hands?

Well,
We can't predict the anomaly, and therefore can't defend against it. And it doesn't want to talk.
We can't get anything useful out of the Encryptor source.
We can't get anything other than history out of Chair, none of which is useful yet.
We can't get anything from Hive, all he does is report and carry out automatic orders.
We can't get anything from Helen, because everything useful is in an offsite ONI database.

There is one thing left we can do, and I really, really don't want to do it; point a gun as Raschad's head and force the anomaly to show up. This of course results in court martial, handing over the keys to the XO, and ending the story on a bitter and unsolved note.

In short, we can't do anything. We're stuck on a clever but linear route.
As for myself, until I see a place where we can give orders and get answers, I don't see much point in additional reactions to some of the sequences. It looks like at this stage, we're just along for the ride.