Halo3.com's server outlines

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Renegade
Data [Conditional]

Halo3.com's server outlines

Unread post by Renegade »

ok am i crazy or am i the only one that saw the likeness between the "gods/machines" in the cradle of life comic and the outlines for the pics on Halo3.com?

the shapes look very similar. this lead me to believe what many others are thinking, that the count down will lead to finding out whats behind the servers.

i did a quick paint/photoshop job so you can see with out having to go through a bunch of loops.
Attachments
arg comp.jpg
arg comp.jpg (107.69 KiB) Viewed 9938 times
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Re: Halo3.com's server outlines

Unread post by Avateur »

Awesome find! Nice connection!
Renegade
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Renegade »

Avateur wrote:Awesome find! Nice connection!

sweet, ty very much *knew i wasnt crazy*
Ironlion
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Ironlion »

Gotta agree that the countdown is leading to a server reveal (possibly some other stuff too) but I think the servers will be something we're very unfamiliar with.
Lichtonatus
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

Yeah. They wont be something ordinary, that's for sure.
Van Helsing
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Van Helsing »

Those outlines are the Sentinels in their 'hibernation' state - for instance, clammed shut like a oyster of sorts.

And there appear to be different types of sentinel for the different Halo rings - Alpha and Delta Halo could seem to share the same types.

Or - these are the 5 types of Sentinel we are yet to see, and have yet to be 'unlocked' or 'awoken out of hibernation' by a presence on the ring - that could be why their status is locked.

Further towards the release of Halo 3, one of these may become unlocked, potentially telling us the ring, or rings we may encounter.

Or as you correctly stated, they do look similar to the things in the comic - but remember Forerunner architecture is very similar and the same shapes and patterns can be found in many different places, on both small and large scales.
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

van helsing i like your idea of sentinels

theyre definatly going to be a part of the arg somewhere, in my conversation with error 404 he told me about a flying robot they found, and wen i sent him a picture of a sentinal he said it was very similar
Odyon
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Odyon »

It would make sense to have a sentinel left behind by the construction crew from the Cradle of Life comic waiting to be found.

Or inactive sentinels related to whatever was created there.
Van Helsing
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Van Helsing »

I definitely think they're sentinels now,

After all calling them servers - they 'guard' the Halo's - and the Halo's are basically a bunch of servers connected to a huge network with the Ark as some 'mega router' that must contain huge amounts of data,

Using theses silhouettes, it could just be a strange way of identifying the rings - after all, I think the sentinels would be an appropriate thing to use for identification, because they could indeed vary from ring to ring, but also because of their size - imagine trying to fit an iconic shape of Alpha halo into an area that small in the image, it would prove awkward and possibly not a good way to go.

Also, the sentinels may be different from ring to ring because of the habitat and surroundings they must survive in, or were built to fit into.
t0rm3n7
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by t0rm3n7 »

also when you look at the Gravemind profile under the Character sections, the image says"//updated archive information pending review by installation systems./"

this is also the message for the Pelican image, the scorpion info. and the wraith info.

might the servers unlocking have something to do with these installation system?