Problem I Just Noticed with the Dates....

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Fancy Shmancy
Data [Conditional]

Re: Problem I Just Noticed with the Dates....

Unread post by Fancy Shmancy »

so basically to sum all that up, you're saying that the forerunner technology (the ark, the rings, whatever saved the covenant) are shielded from the destruction caused by the firing of the rings? that would explain why the flood are left on the rings still, i suppose, and why both humans and the covenant are still here. but why save us? or the covenant [and if the covenant are different legions of beings (chances are the weren't 'united' 100,000 years ago), then does that mean each of the species home's were protected separately]? hope that wasn't too confusing.
Lichtonatus
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

The flood are left on the rings because the Halos don't kill flood, which makes me think they have a different genetic/elemental makeup to forerunners, humans and all the races of the covenant.

echelon3 wrote:I was alslo thinking that when the Halos fire, they fire a sort of Bio-EMP, killing everything sentient but leaving planets, stars etc unharmed.
I think a BioEMP is called a Blue Wash or something. Don't know where I've heard that though. hell, I could be making it up.
Jordan117
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Jordan117 »

shamanistcrage wrote:you are assuming that the comic was 100,000 years ago? perhaps it wasnt, maybe "the gods" didnt build on earth then, maybe it was much further into the timeline
Uh... it says it takes place 100,000 years ago right at the beginning of the comic.
Poolball055
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Poolball055 »

Lichtonatus wrote:The flood are left on the rings because the Halos don't kill flood, which makes me think they have a different genetic/elemental makeup to forerunners, humans and all the races of the covenant.

echelon3 wrote:I was alslo thinking that when the Halos fire, they fire a sort of Bio-EMP, killing everything sentient but leaving planets, stars etc unharmed.
I think a BioEMP is called a Blue Wash or something. Don't know where I've heard that though. hell, I could be making it up.
You're not making it up, that is the terminology that was used the original Artemis Fowl. Anyways, it is very plausable that the halos only kill sentinet life, that's probably the requirement to be infested.
N'chala
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by N'chala »

shamanistcrage wrote:you are assuming that the comic was 100,000 years ago? perhaps it wasnt, maybe "the gods" didnt build on earth then, maybe it was much further into the timeline
Well considering that in the first cell says "Africa - 100,000 years ago", I would think it is safe to assume that well, yeah it is taking place 100,000 years ago...
343 Guilty Sparked
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by 343 Guilty Sparked »

Well, when Spark said "100,000 years ago" it probably was Threshold local time, which could be virtually anything.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

The dinosaurs did go extinct 65 million years ago (as best we can figure) but modern man didn't "evolve" until around 100,000 years ago. There were versions of man that were less evolved, but the Homo Sapiens species wasn't supposed to have appeared until 100k years ago.
j41m3z
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by j41m3z »

Ummm the Halos kill based on biomass not intelligence. That's why Flood spores survived I think.
shamanistcrage
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by shamanistcrage »

halos dont kill flood, they kill the floods food.
343 Guilty Sparked
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by 343 Guilty Sparked »

Wait, if the Halos killed all life based on biomass, wouldn't that kill the flood? So, it's safe to say it involves intelligence.