"SeXBox"-OT

Discussion of the out-of-game, real-world aspects of the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

LordOsiris
Data [Authenticated]

"SeXBox"-OT

Unread post by LordOsiris »

I will provide a link. Discuss.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/user ... 63925.html

Personally, I think one question Geoff asks can pretty much strike down the argument of the Extremely biased Fox News Panel and the "Qualified" Psychologist they brought in.
"Have you played Mass Effect?"
And their responses can pretty much show us that they have no idea what they are talking about.
Mods, feel free to lock if too off topic.

EDIT: I find it funny(?) that beside the movie- "LEZ SEX REAL SCENE" is displayed.
PS. To watch the entire frame, you need to be in Full Screen.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Re: "SeXBox"-OT

Unread post by Avateur »

Mass Effect is the devil and should be burnt. So should every other game ever created except for Pong and whatever else that Fox lady said were appropriate. Hell, burn those, too. And books. Burn all the books in the world. We should also burn every movie studio and movie ever produced. And magazines. Don't they sometimes say "the f word" in PG-13 movies? Something like 1 per PG-13?

So. The economy isn't doing very well, there's a war in Iraq, and the rest of the world is just about as screwed up, but here they are talking about insane full frontal hardcore sex all over our children's TV screens. Damn. And notice how they "ran out of time" when the Spike TV dude was trying to pwn some ignorance? Funny.
LordOsiris
Data [Authenticated]

But don't burn the TV's. Oh, no. Then Fox would have no medium to spout their bullsh1t.

Like DarthWind sayz:
Have you been hearing all this crap about the 20 seconds of sex in Mass Effect, it's ridiculous how this stuff is blown out of proportion. They're even complaining about the violence. what! They only target certain games, I don't understand the pattern. GTA, Bully, Mass Effect. Where's Bioshock? Obviously because I own that game I love killing little girls. Where's the psychologist gryping about that on Fox News @ 9?
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

And don't forget those demon worshippers at Bungie Studios. They made these 3 games that have sold something like 20 million copies give or take a couple million, mostly to kids, where you shoot little dudes who breathe from methane tanks that scream like little children (as opposed to big children?) when you hit/shoot/kill them. Why aren't those guys on Fox?
UnrealCh13f
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by UnrealCh13f »

Alright, so i hit the "I want to spoil myself" button and watch the sex scene. Then went back to the Fox interview and heard this...
Fox wrote:Whoever rated this game needs to get their head examed....
You guys need to get your head examed...
LordOsiris
Data [Authenticated]

EA issued an offical statement today:

http://kotaku.com/348187/ea-calls-fox-o ... accuracies

Boo Yah!
ProfessorHojo05
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ProfessorHojo05 »

For as far back as I can remember, Fox has assaulted me and my ideals with absolute CRAP pertaining to entertainment and information. They always seem to make the wrong decisions at the worst time. As stated in EA's response to Fox their request is NOT a legal threat, but I believe that it could quickly lead to that if Fox isn't more careful in the future. In light of the writers strike, which if I remember correctly is affecting many networks, Fox's blatant disregard of correct information about the game could easily be interpreted as an attempt to lead parents to get their kids to watch TV instead of play a game that is obviously more popular than reruns and poorly written soap-operas. This translates into a purposeful attack on the video game industry.

Now after admitting that everything I have said has been repeated endlessly both here and else ware, I just wanted to express my outrage at Fox for their own stupidity and disrespect towards something that may one day be a staple of our economy. Video games. I consider video games not only a great way to entertain people, but as an excellent way to teach. Just the other day I was reading a story about some guy who saved 2 people's lives because of some basic first aid he had learned while playing a military based video game in a medic training mode. I could add MANY other examples for this, but I want to remain on topic if I can.

At any rate Fox owes the ENTIRE video game industry an official apology, not just EA and the creators of Mass Effect.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA. WHOA. STOP THE PRESSES.

Jack Thompson, yes, THE Jack Thompson, has defended Mass Effect. Signs of the apocalypse?!

http://kotaku.com/349423/jack-thompson- ... ass-effect
LordOsiris
Data [Authenticated]

The Temprature in Hell is -32, so....
M3 Rokit
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by M3 Rokit »

Avateur wrote:WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA. WHOA. STOP THE PRESSES.

Jack Thompson, yes, THE Jack Thompson, has defended Mass Effect. Signs of the apocalypse?!

http://kotaku.com/349423/jack-thompson- ... ass-effect
I may be a couple days......okay, a couple months :shock: late on this, but all I can say is......What. The. Hell. I never thought I would see something like this. And oddly enough I never seen this till now, insane I know but I somehow avoided everything having to do with Jack Thompson and Mass Effect. Go Jack! :mrgreen:

........Wait :|