off track

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

whiteness
Data [Authenticated]

off track

Unread post by whiteness »

in my opinion we are getting way off track....
hence the "local interference - negligible"

we stumbled upon the comic, and the link, which is why the link was not accessible right away. and the only reason it is now is because bungie did not want us to rule that out before it came out.

i think we need to revisit the info that is certain. such as everything up to the countdown.
the avery thing was our doing.
all the previous clues have been direct.
here is an email... here is a glyph.... here are more... keep lookin.... the one that is on the add for the comic.... then the comic.... all rather direct if you ask me.....
off
Data [Undefined]

Re: off track

Unread post by off »

that is absolutely correct.
we recieve the emails with a "red flag" (glyph) in the picture... click on the link.... goes to.... halo3.com with a pic of the mc with a "red flag" on it....

we search for more flags.... ar changes symbol.... we google what the name of it means.... we get info on the golden wings and on iris....
ar asks question about the golden wings and such.... we answer iris.... he leaves.....

someone somehow finds an newspaper add, not suposed to run til sunday, with yet another red flag on it..... it also has a link on it halo3.com/comic..... we go there...... at the end we find another red flag.... we search that page find the ip address to the countdown.... which was not up yet.... cus the add shouldnt have run so we shouldnt have found the ip..... yet..... but they decided to load the countdown a few minutes later..... on the original it says iris intiated.... "red flag"? maybe.... there was also a number.... 3 somethin cant remember..... and somehow through it all we end up on som dudes myspace profile....the avery thing is whack...... we need to go through the clues again........
shamanistcrage
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by shamanistcrage »

/sign
Lichtonatus
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

how did we get to Averys mySpace? I'm still confused about that
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

Not sure exactly how, but he mentioned the Society of the Ancients and linked to the IP with the countdown.
Van Helsing
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Van Helsing »

Exactly - nothing lead us to myspace.

We haven't even been given signs properly to the SOTA site yet, and the only reason we got to the comic was by some fluke pre-release news paper ad.

We're jumping too far ahead and Myspace is not the way to go.

So far the furthest stage we should be at is the Server LOCKED pictures on Halo3.com . They are the latest piece of news, and we need to focus on them.

I've made plenty of posts about that, but they've all been swamped by the huge amount of retarded claims about an actor on MySpace!!

Some of us definitely need to get our acts together.
whiteness
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by whiteness »

last night when someone from bnet posted i found the next clue, i read it, copied the link and posted it here in one of the topics... the link of course was halo3.com/comic.

the comic has the ip address of the countdown in it. when we first attempted to go the site, it was not responding. probably because we found something we were not supposed to yet.

because the link failed to load, people changed the ip address to numbers that are close to it, like changing the 5 to a 3. they got the sota webpage, from there they found this guy named avery on myspace.
notice we followed no signs to get there we, edited the signs to fit someones theory.. (changing the 5)
Magni Harvald
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Magni Harvald »

What about the glyph in freaking Tanzania? Right next to Voi, the Ark? How can you ignore that?
Van Helsing
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Van Helsing »

We haven't been led to that page officially yet.

Granted, it fits in perfectly, but until AR or Halo3.com directs us towards SOTA we hit a dead end.
M3 Rokit
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by M3 Rokit »

To Magni: We found that before we were supposed to. We found that since that entire IP is designated to Microsoft, people just played with the numbers and found it. We are not supposed to be that far.

I agree, with everything said here. Those whom are following this Avery BS are going way off topic. To be honest, it is getting a bit annoying as well, which is why I have now ditched the bungie.net forums, and am now coming here. Seems a bit more peaceful in my time here than a minute over there, sadly. In any case, there is no going back for those that are off track unless of course bungie debunks it today in the update.