Iris Rewards 3 and 4 are out!

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

rewind
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Iris Rewards 3 and 4 are out!

Unread post by rewind »

yeah...got mine...no DHL though, came fedex overnight for me, deliver by nov 1st, 2007

Wristband and poster
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

wow they actually sent prizes out to the Uk, i got one of the hats!

my poster is kinda in bad condition and im dissapointed not to get the gamerpic but its still nice to get something

whats all this speculation about this just being consalation prizes and not even the real prizes based from?
Renegade
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Renegade »

this stinks. still havent gotten mine im starting to think it will not come. :cry:
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

So, Server 3 was "Ship by October 25, 2007" and Server 4 was "Ship by November 1, 2007." So, assuming the pattern continues, should Server 5 people begin receiving on November 8, 2007? So far I've heard of no Server 5 participants receiving.
Facultas Tempestas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Facultas Tempestas »

I'm server 3 and I still haven't recieved jack. I wonder if absolutely everyone is getting stuff.
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

is it possible that this stuff isnt even server prizes, and anyone who got screwed out of a server because of the errors that happened with servers 3 and 4 are getting these consolation prizes, with the real prizes still to be shipped?

just a theory, but it would explain why peaple who didnt even actually open servers are getting prizes.
MIKEAWESOME
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by MIKEAWESOME »

I got into 4 and 5, so that could support some of this speculation.

I kind of thought, at this point in the game, they'd have abandoned prizes by now, haha.
Doug52392
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Doug52392 »

I got screwed out of server 4 and haven't recieved anything, and I think I will not. How many other people got screwed out of servers or never unlocked one have received or not received prizes?
Raiden
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Raiden »

Doug52392 wrote:I got screwed out of server 4 and haven't recieved anything, and I think I will not. How many other people got screwed out of servers or never unlocked one have received or not received prizes?
Have you even considered the fact that it could have been randomized? Or maybe they are following some obscure method of it. Or maybe the possibility that it all fell through the cracks and a bunch of stuff didn't happen, that should have?
It could even boil right down to if you are under 17 or something of that sort.

They don't HAVE to give you anything.. don't be mad over something that was never guaranteed in the first place.
Mariachi
Warden

Unread post by Mariachi »

Well, I must say....this sucks. I was in IRIS for the fun of it, and was happy to just be here. I came in not expecting any prize or swag of any kind. When however, I found out about the server prizes, I thought that it was swell of Microsoft to reward its fans. I continued to play IRIS for the sheer joy of playing it, and not for the prizes. The prizes were a bonus, and not the reason I was playing. I much to my joy, finally got into server 4. I was excited to see what my server package might contain. I found myself incredibly anxious for it. I begin to eagerly check my mail, and every DHL or Fedex truck I saw must have surely thought I was stalking them as I stared them down intently hoping that maybe they held my package. But alas, no package was to come. I resolved myself to the fact that it seemingly would never come. I continued to be a part of IRIS unwaveringly. Not getting a package was a downer, but again, the packages were not why I was here. I must admit, though, that I felt some resentment towards Microsoft for their poor handling of the package situation. To me, it was a very big let down to a community of fans that had so wholeheartedly trusted them. Millions of people play the Halo games, and I bet that only 2% of them can tell you what the Cortana Letters are, or what ilovebees was, or who founded Bungie. It is my belief that it is that 2% who do know the answers that are the most avid fans, and the strongest community supporters. It is that 2% who were involved in IRIS because they wanted to be, and not for server prizes. It is my belief that it is that 2% who Microsoft is now hurting and alienating by the ridiculous amounts of problems with these server packages. I believe that that 2% would have continued to play IRIS and searched out every puzzle or riddle if their had not been any server prizes. But then Microsoft has to go and get their hopes up for server prizes and then let them down. Then suddenly, as if an answer to a prayer, more server packages start to come. Redemption at last. I found myself yet again actively checking my mail multiple times per day, and stalking DHL trucks again. I found myself anxiously looking yet again. But alas nothing has come yet. People who didn't even get into servers are getting prizes, people who did arent getting anything. What gives? The back and forth wondering of whether or not the package is coming is really wearing me thin. I have resolved to not let this affect my love of the community and of Bungie, since I know that this is a Microsoft issue, and not a Bungie problem. So I have decided to not watch my mail or stalk DHL trucks anymore. I have decided to stay away from forum topics labeled, "I got my server package!! Pics inside." I have resolved to not hold up any pent up feelings about this anymore. Consider this my one and only rant on the issue. I just needed to vent a little. Ok. Rant over. I am stepping down from my soap box. Go back to your normal lives. There is nothing more to see here. Move along.