DNA Coding

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Ceantari
Data [Conditional]

Re: DNA Coding

Unread post by Ceantari »

thebruce wrote:The DNA code in the sample txt file was found to be Alligator sinensis mitochondrion

see:
http://www.genome.jp/dbget-bin/www_bget ... +NC_004448

Common Name: Chinese alligator
beelzebub
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by beelzebub »

LordOsiris wrote:There is one specific codon that is kinda freaking me out....

TAATAA

Apperantly, this codon is responsible for mutations that can result in pneumonia, drycoughs, lung lesions and heart failure.
Does anybody know symptoms of Flood Infection?

ps. please, no sarcastic comments.
What the heck are you talking about? That is a double stop codon. How could it possibly cause mutations?
Rubicant2112
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Rubicant2112 »

Kind of a funny note...

TAATAA... *Grin*

It would be funny if that were the genetic makup of the flood reanimator complex.

Thats typically what happens when someone in your group gets floodified.."Say goodnight!" *Gunfire* *thud* "Put two in the head of any corpse that goes down..and leave the dogtags...Marines!! WE ARE LEAVING!"

on a sidenote...picture having the real troop transport car from Aliens in traffic... :twisted: Imagine the chaos!
NateTheNewt
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by NateTheNewt »

ok we were given the DNA code for a reason, we just need to find out what the fuck the Chinese Alligator has to do with anything...
DavFlamerock
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DavFlamerock »

I highly doubt it. I don't even think (personally) that we were supposed to find the alligator at all. I think they were trying to mimic the Flood's DNA but didn't want to change it so much.
Lurono
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Lurono »

DavFlamerock wrote:I highly doubt it. I don't even think (personally) that we were supposed to find the alligator at all. I think they were trying to mimic the Flood's DNA but didn't want to change it so much.
That was my thought... Perhaps we are supposed to, dare I say it, *ignore* the fact that it is similar to a chinese alligator, for the sake of the game. I do believe that Bungie should know by now that we are going to over-analyze (putting it lightly) everything they give us.

Perhaps the Flood are Chinese alligators after having gone through various genetic experiments by aliens that abducted them and took them to another galaxy?...... Or perhaps I need to eat lunch. The world may never know.
Ceantari
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Ceantari »

Maybe the sequence in the vid is the Flood's and this is just one of many DNA it has assimilated? Or like some theorized (being similar to Titan AE) perhaps this "Chinese Alligator" is part of a catalogue of DNA sequences, genome projects, the Forerunners behold?
bumontheroad
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by bumontheroad »

Lurono wrote:
DavFlamerock wrote:I highly doubt it. I don't even think (personally) that we were supposed to find the alligator at all. I think they were trying to mimic the Flood's DNA but didn't want to change it so much.
That was my thought... Perhaps we are supposed to, dare I say it, *ignore* the fact that it is similar to a chinese alligator, for the sake of the game. I do believe that Bungie should know by now that we are going to over-analyze (putting it lightly) everything they give us.

Perhaps the Flood are Chinese alligators after having gone through various genetic experiments by aliens that abducted them and took them to another galaxy?...... Or perhaps I need to eat lunch. The world may never know.
lol, how was lunch?

anyhow, i doubt that there would be a coincidence like this by accident. i think that the chinese alligator does mean something.

someone (srry, forgot the name) suggested that it may be dna from a flood infected elite, since elites are reptile like, but i doubt that, because all of the server information is from the war the forerunners were fighting with the flood, and elites probably weren't around, right? maybe i'm just stupid...
Lurono
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Lurono »

bumontheroad wrote:
Lurono wrote:

lol, how was lunch?

anyhow, i doubt that there would be a coincidence like this by accident. i think that the chinese alligator does mean something.

someone (srry, forgot the name) suggested that it may be dna from a flood infected elite, since elites are reptile like, but i doubt that, because all of the server information is from the war the forerunners were fighting with the flood, and elites probably weren't around, right? maybe i'm just stupid...
It was muy bueno... Tuna salad sandwich ftw!

Anyways, the elites SHOULD have been around back then. Humanity was around then, we were just very, very primitive. It is fully possible that it's a Flood-infected Elite. I doubt it though, since if the Flood got onto the Elites home planet, I'm betting there wouldn't be any Elites left ;) (unless the Forerunner had the Elites DNA recorded, already, of course)
bumontheroad
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by bumontheroad »

true

btw, about a 100,000 years ago, when the halos went off first, there were still neanderthols (sp?) around, so we were VERY primative. just for a time period reference.