Thomas Sanatos

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

W.E. 43!!!
Data [Conditional]

Re: Thomas Sanatos

Unread post by W.E. 43!!! »

Well here is the link:
Http://www.archaeology.cornell.edu/facu ... olman.html

Any thoughts?
Socks
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Socks »

I'm Sure you guys will totally debunk this, but I'm new here, so I will give it a whirl.

Is it possible that Jonas was the old AR?
AR Originally tried to spread information to the masses before his termination/assimilation right? If Jonas's last statement was that it was time to go looking for answers again, then isn't it possible that he discovered something that that he felt needed to be shared. It's safe to assume that the new AR didn't want the secrets that Ar was leaking to be revealed, so maybe the J we see in New Ar's Avatar is a last ditch effort by AR to try and leave some form of his individuality for us to connect.
Zero
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Zero »

There is no really meaning behind the letter J with him. Maybe he didn't want to be called Jonas, but he liked being caleld Jay (or J.).

Could still be some more speculation, I will be digging out some shit later.
Socks
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Socks »

W.E. 43!!! wrote:Well here is the link:
Http://www.archaeology.cornell.edu/facu ... olman.html

Any thoughts?
Hmm, try asking Thomas where Jonas taught. See if anything matches up. The fact that he never published anything past 2004 is pretty interesting.
theteal1
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by theteal1 »

Someone who is on Amazon, please post and ask if Thomas has copies of the notes that he mentions in his first post.

Since we cant get the book, we should at least try for those...

:)
Sova
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Sova »

Or ask him if he knew whether Mr Volman likes shellfish.
KLind
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by KLind »

From the Sota Members page:
A note from Dave George:

When I first started SOTA in 1995, I was living in Santa Fe, NM. A neighbor (Aaron Elliot, our current SOTA membership chairman) and I were talking during a backyard BBQ when the conversation turned to a book series (bought on TV and popular at he time) dealing with unsolved ancient mysteries. After a 2-hour discussion, and a brief foray into Aaron’s duplex to find the mysteries book, I became quite interested in ancient artifacts and their relationship to possible extra terrestrials.
Jonas was friends with David George

Surely this is The Castaway Theory...Bought on TV...Aaron had it...Maybe David is also searching for Jonas, or maybe Jonas is Aaron.

Dun dun dun.
Renegade
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Renegade »

KLind wrote:From the Sota Members page:
A note from Dave George:

When I first started SOTA in 1995, I was living in Santa Fe, NM. A neighbor (Aaron Elliot, our current SOTA membership chairman) and I were talking during a backyard BBQ when the conversation turned to a book series (bought on TV and popular at he time) dealing with unsolved ancient mysteries. After a 2-hour discussion, and a brief foray into Aaron’s duplex to find the mysteries book, I became quite interested in ancient artifacts and their relationship to possible extra terrestrials.
Jonas was friends with David George

Surely this is The Castaway Theory...Bought on TV...Aaron had it...Maybe David is also searching for Jonas, or maybe Jonas is Aaron.

Dun dun dun.

maybe we should ask for volmans full name then... that would be better, and it said they searched his house too.
PapaStu
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by PapaStu »

W.E. 43!!! wrote:I found a Thomas P. Volman. Who is a Associate Professor in Anthropology. Yes i know were looking for Jonas Volman but look into the name and see the similarities with this Volman and the other. Anthropology being the key word.

Just a Thought. :|

Update: Hes a cultural Anthropologist doing studies about ancient south africa. :shock:
Actually he's a Physical Anthropologist with a solid background in Archaeology. I've got a BA in Physical Anth and the work he does would be the kind of stuff i'd be doing if/when I move towards my Masters/Doctorate.

Of course his work is going to be in South Africa (or Ethopia) because.... those are the only two areas where Homind remains are being found. I'll see if I can get ahold of my old Professor since he's very much involved with some dig sites in Africa and that will most likely reaffirm the fact that our bud Thomas (from Cornell) doesn't have anything to do with IRIS.
Hastati
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Hastati »

W.E. 43!!! wrote:I found a Thomas P. Volman. Who is a Associate Professor in Anthropology. Yes i know were looking for Jonas Volman but look into the name and see the similarities with this Volman and the other. Anthropology being the key word.

Just a Thought. :|

Update: Hes a cultural Anthropologist doing studies about ancient south africa. :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Seems big to me.

Research Interests
Early people, especially origins of modern humans; analysis and interpretation of stone artifact assemblages and related contextual data; southern Africa

But maybe not. At any rate, someone should ask Sanatos if Jonas had been acting weird before he disappeared, or if he had any enemies, or seemed to be hiding something. If anything was different about Thomas himself before he disappeared. That might get more information out of Sanatos.